Skip to content

Lets talk about Nanoseers abilities. Nanoseer General

Comments

• AyaAya
    edited January 2019
    Concerning pvp wetwiring system damage, I noticed it too while gathering the numbers for subsystem effects, where, for no obvious reason the damage will suddenly cascade hard, reducing every system to nothing in a few seconds. While I know that having higher levels of damage (catatonia123, delirum123 etc) escalate the speed and later the damage that bleeds into wetwiring, there doesn't seem to be any explanation that I've yet noticed for why this apparently random effect happens other than a bug.

And, to bring things back to hunting... creatures outside your might can resist afflictions and honestly, even making just mindmelt a viable way to defeat them will still probably only be evening things up with other classes that can hunt faster. Besides (and this is very important) it's thematically awesome!
  • Aya said:
    <snip>
    Yes they can resist the afflictions, but not the subsystem damage. It always does a fixed amount which is 4x the amount a player would take. Which I believe is why WW cascades so fast. They take 4x the amount of wetwiring damage from cascading that a player would take . Also when they hit 50% WW they get Shortcircut which gives more ww damage over time which is increased by 4x aswell. I would absoloutely love for us to be able to bash with afflictions. It would 100% make it take a fixed amount of balances per kill though.
  • Here's a couple more test strategies for Nanoseer bashing.

Pointzero -> Freeze (using Negation as interrupt). Stat build is full Lifeforce and Regen, then 110 Psyche. TTK is a surprising 33s including the pointzero prep.
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/G5tYe538

Another Pointzero -> Freeze setup, but this time Eyestrike is the interrupt and Frenzy is prepped. TTK of 39s.
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/4ysXsa_4
    Negation seems to be the big winner in the negation vs eyestrike debate.

Trying out Pointzero -> Multistrike -> Freeze. Same stat setup. TTK at 39.
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/jKt3RoAa
    * My trigger fired up eyestrike before I could manual negation :dizzy::-1:

All still pale in comparison to other classes. :(
    Mereas Eyrlock
    "They're excited, but poor."
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
  • AyaAya
    edited January 2019
    With the pointzero/freeze approach, doesn't limbdrain do more damage?

Edit: It doesn't! At least, a single hit does, but the stacking damage of freeze really wins out.  o:)
  • Will test out speedup pointzero freeze (eyestrike interrupt) tomorrow.
    Mereas Eyrlock
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
  • edited January 2019
    It's a bit shady, but you can delay confound, mindswap, confound x2, distract, sluggish, then minddrain 3 times. This drops their mind to 0, and damages their sensory and WW with feedback. Against most mobs you can crash out and start on another target, and takes 30s worth of balance, but the death itself is delayed. Still slow compared to other classes but it seems to be faster than damage

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/hVSBxPIi
  • Ok, so I dropped in a stopwatch this morning and ran a few tests. Beginning from the "standard" bashing cycle of: multistrike, freeze, freeze, swarm til dead.
    I tested against fairly easy targets, as I was swapping back and forth from the spreadsheet, and having to crash or levitate out of combat would skew the numbers anyway.

With that and using frenzy average DPS for level 30 with level appropriate gear: 81.79. 
    Adding negation, it drops to: 50.17.  (I didn't need it up here, but if it was necessary that's what it costs with the increased prep time).
    Adding pointzero with the negation its: 53.76.  The increase from adding pointzero is really not worth it with this cycle, less than 7% or not even 4DPS.  (Note: this assumes you are putting it up for each mob, the increase will be larger if you have multiple targets you can kill before it fades.)

Throwing out the standard cycle, and just using multistrike + freeze with frenzy active yields: 62.57
    and adding pointzero to that is: 70.35.  Adding pointzero if you are doing nothing but freezing is an increase of 11% or almost 8DPS. (Note: this assumes you are putting it up for each mob, the increase will be larger if you have multiple targets you can kill before it fades.)

Now, this was not the most extensive test as I only ran it about 5 times each way and the rng pushes the numbers around a bit. My takeaway though: pointzero is not enough of a boost to be worth the time invested in using it, and negation is only worth using if you know you will be needing it to avoid having to crash out.

My feeling on this is the same as it was before the changes- with all the work we do, we should be able to hit harder. Using all the skills should have a more noticeable benefit. Pointzero should really make freeze hit harder, and that damage should carry over to multistrike and swarm more. As it is without tracking the numbers you'd never know it was doing anything at all.

spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qibtbh8KtQ8vvkr2vjGTH2gwLsWw_CfJtTJx51Edp4w/edit?usp=sharing
    [Cassandra]: Poet will be unsurprised to learn that she has unread news.
  • Yea, I was hoping that last pass on Nanoseer would make PvE noticeably better but, at this point... I'm out of free class changes because I jumped around a lot initially, yet I'm still thinking of dropping it. I want to like Nanoseer, because thematically I do, but using an 'interesting' rotation is still leagues behind Engineer in efficiency. The 50% lesson cost is gonna be awful if I do it, but I'm starting to lose hope for significant improvement.
    I'm gone.
  • IDK... Maybe you guys just need to level up a bit more... Do you know how your skills work? Sounds like you're putting up a lot of theory and not getting in enough practice to me?
  • Eh, I'm level 50 and only speak on what I personally experience trying different rotations.
    I'm gone.
  • edited January 2019
    I'm being facetious. I said this was an issue and said it would continue to be an issue. Just regurgitating what's been said here and elsewhere to see how it feels for other people.

We need to have damage. We should probably have more damage than other classes or at least damage on our confound. I'm not asking for us to be the greatest class, I'm asking that we be workable. Something also needs to happen with mindmelt, no idea what. 

We have space in our kit for some actually useful/interesting abilities.

Edit: Some of the changes we've gotten have been really great in terms of what we've been asking for, we understand that you're listening but some communication would go a long way.
  • looks like you can't stack affs on denizens for mindswap anymore. Just about ready to give up on seer.
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/jo0CQsYf

• on the flip side,  You discern that the nanites have delivered Encroachment, bringing the mind affliction total to 1. <= this is nice, we don't need to waste as much time analyzing.
    Mindmelt is still broken though. If you can mindmelt, you've been able to breakdown for a while. Makes the kill route entirely pointless.

Envelop takes 1.5s,
    Speedup is now .4s

the change to swap is awesome. With the limited queue this was a pretty good change.
  • Void Kith is one of two forms of new kith. Void Kith is formed from the power of black holes. Taking on the properties of its source, void kith possess absorptive and compressive powers. It is able to absorb the kinetic energy of an object, thus allowing it to accomplish feats like stopping a projectile or other energy emission. Likewise, it may allow a user to compress space in such a way as to allow them to teleport short distances by creating a wormhole. Also void kith users are able to create Abyss Bombs which manipulate gravitation fields to create miniature black holes.

>.>
  • Added a couple more rounds of numbers to my sheet.  Suffocate & Suffocate w/pointzero up.

Suffocate + pointzero is again about 10% greater than without(see note above). Suffocate DPS beats everything else by a wide margin.
    [Cassandra]: Poet will be unsurprised to learn that she has unread news.
  • Poet said:
    Added a couple more rounds of numbers to my sheet.  Suffocate & Suffocate w/pointzero up.

Suffocate + pointzero is again about 10% greater than without(see note above). Suffocate DPS beats everything else by a wide margin.
    delet this
  • edited January 2019
    Garryn said:

Matlkael said:
    Here's a couple more test strategies for Nanoseer bashing.

Pointzero -> Freeze (using Negation as interrupt). Stat build is full Lifeforce and Regen, then 110 Psyche. TTK is a surprising 33s including the pointzero prep.
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/G5tYe538

Another Pointzero -> Freeze setup, but this time Eyestrike is the interrupt and Frenzy is prepped. TTK of 39s.
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/4ysXsa_4
    Negation seems to be the big winner in the negation vs eyestrike debate.

Trying out Pointzero -> Multistrike -> Freeze. Same stat setup. TTK at 39.
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/jKt3RoAa
    * My trigger fired up eyestrike before I could manual negation :dizzy::-1:

All still pale in comparison to other classes. :(

Looked up what you were doing, seems you had a level 50 weapon at level 63 and no points invested in the affecting stat - that's going to skew results a lot.

Anyway - we're checking the DPS and time-to-kill numbers continuously (real numbers from player activity, not theorycrafting), and right now Nanoseer PvE is roughly on par with most other classes. The before-fight preps were adding some extra time, the latest changes should hopefully address that - if not, we'll tweak further.
    Uhm...false.

Type         ID      Name                                Power   Level   Health
    gauntlet     80504   a Champleve 1.0 gauntlet            8945    72         87%
    goggles      74367   a Tenebroso 1.0 goggles             8630    72         89%

And I had 110 points invested in Psyche, unless that's not what affects freeze? HELP STATS says it affects kith abilities.

edit: I don't even have a Level 50 weapon anywhere on me right now. I haven't had one for a few days.

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/LnL0n_T7

edit2: I also haven't been level 63 in a few days. I was level 74 during those tests. You can HONOURS me and check rankings (or check out https://www.starmourn.com//api/characters//mereas.json).
    Mereas Eyrlock
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
  • Freeze seemed to up limbdrain damage, which I wasn't expecting? The aff info says +thermal so shrug.emoji.

I don't like roomdrain serving as the bumper for freeze stacks, even with the 20s room cd. I would much rather a conditional increase to freeze, a Freeze-over-Time, and/or a second targeted skill with a conditional usage. Something like that instead of an AoE with cooldown.

I kinda wish frenzy was time-based. Multistrike eats up a couple hits of it, so speedup being fixed means I am probably taking it out of rotation to save the % boost for bigger hits.
  • edited January 2019
    Just some quick tests I did. Each test was against the same mob, full health and WW. I'm lv 60 with all 60 gear.

Solo Bashing:

Slowdown / Void Zero / Suffocate / 75% Heal = Our target died in 142.26 seconds at 51.1 dps!
    Slowdown / Void Zero / Suffocate / NO HEALING = Our target died in 33.79 seconds at 111.0 dps!
    Speedup / Multi / Freeze / Swarm / 75% Heal = Our target died in 28.45 seconds at 112.1 dps!

For group bashing, however:

Speedup / Void Zero / Suffocate / 75% Heal = Our target died in 15.78 seconds at 150.0 dps!

Having a partner on speed means they hit more frequently and they take the hits that would otherwise interrupt your suffocate.

TL;DR - Speedup / Multi / Freeze / Swarm till dead  (Freeze again if necessary) = Best way to solo bash in my opinion. Similar damage and more survivability.
    In duo / group? Suffocate takes the cake.
  • edited January 2019
    Sylt said:
    Just some quick tests I did. Each test was against the same mob, full health and WW. I'm lv 60 with all 60 gear.

Solo Bashing:

Slowdown / Void Zero / Suffocate / 75% Heal = Our target died in 142.26 seconds at 51.1 dps!
    Slowdown / Void Zero / Suffocate / NO HEALING = Our target died in 33.79 seconds at 111.0 dps!
    Speedup / Freeze / Multi / Swarm / 75% Heal = Our target died in 28.45 seconds at 112.1 dps!

For group bashing, however:

Speedup / Void Zero / Suffocate / 75% Heal = Our target died in 15.78 seconds at 150.0 dps!

Having a partner on speed means they hit more frequently and they take the hits that would otherwise interrupt your suffocate.

TL;DR - Speedup / Freeze / Multi / Swarm / Freeze / Swarm = Best way to solo bash in my opinion. Similar damage and more survivability.
    In duo / group? Suffocate takes the cake.
    Why are you using freeze before multi, you can multi then freeze and the first multi won't hit or pull aggro till the freeze hits. Also allows a second swarm before you have to freeze again. So you get two amped freezes and all three ticks of multi amped.
  • Oh. I do multi then freeze, that’s just my error in typing the combo out in quick form. Haha. Oops! Edited for correction.  Thanks for the pickup @Soza
  • edited January 2019
    You scared me, I was also a bit concerned how you got those numbers if you were using the other method. Secret op.

Also something for someone else to test, I think suffocate ignores the higher level penalty. And your damage with suffocate doesn't get reduced. Could be wrong but I'd have to go to ixi now in order to test and I don't wanna die.
  • edited January 2019
    After fiddling around with stats and builds and such:
    • It is possible to reach a TTK of 21-22s (on my mob dummy of choice, Ixsei giants). Pointzero -> Suffocate is the way.
    • You need to max out Psyche (250 assigned or 300 effective).
    • You need to max out Lifeforce and get Regen to as high as you can, because you'll be relying on passive healing and not on manual Nano Repair.
    • You also need to use Negation to counter wind-up attacks, and you must wait around 3s after the wind-up starts before negating (hopefully to sneak another Suffocate tick in).
    • You need to initiate Suffocate as soon as you get attacked/the suffocate channel gets disrupted.
    Furthermore:
    • Another set-up for Suffocate bashing is to use Frenzy (Conqueror channel) to further bump up initial damage.
    • You will need to use Eyestrike for interrupt instead of Negation.
    • Putting up Frenzy will add another 3s to your overall set-up time, so this might be better only if the mobs you kill have high-enough health to warrant the extra initial 25% hits that Frenzy gives.
    And finally, mobs that attack fast enough will ruin the Suffocate route. In that case, (and given that you already have the full Psyche build), use Pointzero -> Multistrike -> Freeze until dead (repair as needed) instead. This will, however, put your TTK back to the 30s range.
    Mereas Eyrlock
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
  • Soza said:
    You scared me, I was also a bit concerned how you got those numbers if you were using the other method. Secret op.

Also something for someone else to test, I think suffocate ignores the higher level penalty. And your damage with suffocate doesn't get reduced. Could be wrong but I'd have to go to ixi now in order to test and I don't wanna die.
     Confirmed. It does ignore the higher level penalty. 
  • One thing here, my tracking might be very very off and I might be messing up my GMCP scripts, but sometimes my xp tracker registers 0 xp from mobs I suffocate kill

• edited January 2019
    Edit: nvm, you can do some things while channeling, heh
  • Since we're relegated to using Suffocate for effective bashing, can we read news and help files without disrupting the channel? Thanks!
    Mereas Eyrlock
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
  • lmao, the amount of automation that goes on in bashing, we may as well allow bots or just remove it.