Good Vibrations!

2»

Comments

• MontemMontem Posts: 83Member ✭✭
    Oh hey, thanks for the new hunting area for 70+. It's great.
    Download Montem System for Nexus Client - https://pastebin.com/MBEn7S0u
  • saturninesaturnine Posts: 107Member ✭✭✭
    @Vielar you talking about what I said on Scattercomm the other day? I was super stressed and not having it.
    I play Slander.
  • VielarVielar Posts: 30Member ✭✭
    Possibly - I don't remember to be honest, but if you said something along those lines, then probably!
    saturnine
  • CrorrCrorr Posts: 46Member ✭✭
    Man, I actually remember one of my characters catching flak in his love life because the family his potential partner was in was openly homophobic in the insidious "there's nothing wrong with them, but I forbid anyone in my family from dating one" style. This in spite of several high-ranking characters being lgbt in the city at the time. And a god. Who was joined by another, different gay god later.
    KestrelVielar
  • KestrelKestrel Posts: 223Member ✭✭✭
    Crorr said:
    Man, I actually remember one of my characters catching flak in his love life because the family his potential partner was in was openly homophobic in the insidious "there's nothing wrong with them, but I forbid anyone in my family from dating one" style. This in spite of several high-ranking characters being lgbt in the city at the time. And a god. Who was joined by another, different gay god later.
    This reminds me of the time a 'friend' IRL said to me, 'You're bi? I don't get that ... I like women too, but I could never do that to my family. They've done so much for me.'

u wot bitch

"I'll take care of it, Luke said. And because he said it instead of her, I knew he meant kill. That is what you have to do before you kill, I thought. You have to create an it, where none was before."
    — Margaret Atwood
    saturnineArsentarAureliusJoscelin
  • DesmondDesmond Posts: 5Member
    edited January 13
    Many thanks and love to the design approval team I keep spamming with stuff and they patiently go through it. They probably shook their head in dismay more than once!
    EukeladeQitorien
  • SqueakumsSqueakums Posts: 161Member ✭✭✭
    - Queueing now respects prone and doesn't execute the command until it's cured

I didn't expect such a quick response when I made that post. You guys are seriously amazing. It is very much appreciated.
    QitorienXiru
  • AureliusAurelius Posts: 437Administrator Starmourn staff
    Xiru said:
    Y'all didn't have to go and give bonuses on past credit purchases. But you did. And that's amazing.
    Not something we'd typically do, of course, but it just felt like the right thing to do here!
    XiruFlipilaria
  • FlipilariaFlipilaria Posts: 36Member ✭✭✭
    Don't recommend making the same choices for everyone (I've gotten quite a bit of flak for it), but so far having one foot in each of two factions has lead to some really fascinating interactions and RP that I seriously doubt I would have had otherwise. It feels like new life has entered my character and for my experience in Starmourn in general, and I'm feeling it for sure :)
    ArsentarSqueakumsPoetRevelin
  • RevelinRevelin Posts: 5Member
    Don't recommend making the same choices for everyone (I've gotten quite a bit of flak for it), but so far having one foot in each of two factions has lead to some really fascinating interactions and RP that I seriously doubt I would have had otherwise. It feels like new life has entered my character and for my experience in Starmourn in general, and I'm feeling it for sure :)
    We had a Scatterhome/ Celestine party tonight and I gotta say 10/10, everyone should be getting out there and meeting the other factions!!
    kxrachhusViolaSqueakumsKestrel
  • KestrelKestrel Posts: 223Member ✭✭✭
    @Revelin's enthusiasm is a beautiful thing and I want to bottle it and carry it around with me and save it for a rainy day.

Also mad respect to you for some of your recent IG choices, though I won't go into details.

On a more game-related note, I want to say that I really love the Wetwiring system. Thank you for this, Staff of Starmourn. Thank you for listening to those of us who have loved your games for years, but struggled with some of the more complicated curing systems on the others. I've been playing IRE for well over a decade now and remember back when we had to carry a bunch of every herb and vial, and there was no IG curing system so we either had to make our own or rely on the kindness of others who made public curing systems. Coding skill was really make or break for combat viability.

The WW system is so much more intuitive and elegant. It's all in one place and it all makes a kind of sense that I can appreciate, causing stacking afflictions as the systems deteriorate, etc. I feel that even a beginner to IRE would not have too much trouble figuring it out. A+

"I'll take care of it, Luke said. And because he said it instead of her, I knew he meant kill. That is what you have to do before you kill, I thought. You have to create an it, where none was before."
    — Margaret Atwood