Pathfinder for Nexus

RocketCatRocketCat Posts: 122Member ✭✭✭
Hello again everyone!

Here's another Nexus package for you. I renovated Iniar's Nexus pathfinder for Achaea for Starmourn. Now you can pathfind including station transfers, voidgates, and ptps, yay! Elevators work too, but I haven't implemented many of them yet. The pathfinder is aware of jogging and nano rush.

RF <search> to Room Find vNums by the room's title
PG <vNum> path to a vNum.
PG <alias> a bunch of pre-fab aliases for AREAS ALL and main stations exist. Not incredibly complete yet.

Khayrat, Bakal, and Ixodon for some reason do not exist in IRE's XML,, so I just included 3 dummy rooms to correspond to their transport rooms.

CORS-anywhere is pretty hit-and-miss, unfortunately Nexus' CORS policy does not extend to the map URL, so it will have to be CORS-anywhere in the meantime. If you're a dev and reading this, a CORS policy for the map URL would be great!

Hi, I'm Ata. Oh and maybe some other people, too. o:) Check out my various packages for Nexus: Vuu combat system, Global Pathfinder, Slicer Tools, Ship compass, JS from command line, and Vitals Tracker.
RhindaraTelonosKestrelMatlkaelMichlistus

Comments

• RocketCatRocketCat Posts: 122Member ✭✭✭
    Small bug fix. Clickable links for 'pg' alias should now work properly.

Hi, I'm Ata. Oh and maybe some other people, too. o:) Check out my various packages for Nexus: Vuu combat system, Global Pathfinder, Slicer Tools, Ship compass, JS from command line, and Vitals Tracker.
    Bobb
  • MatlkaelMatlkael Posts: 343Member ✭✭✭
    omg!!!!! this is phenomal! 
    Mereas Eyrlock
    "They're excited, but poor."
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
    Kestrel
    Another update:

- The Mapper now knows about the Zeta Deck PTP updates. If you're Scatterhome the PTP should pathfind using key ptp. If you're not Scatterhome, it should pathfind with TAKEOFF.
       - Note that there is one bug currently where you can't travel from Whittler's to Zeta via PTP. I assume this is a bug with Starmourn so I've just left it unresolved in the Pathfinder. In the interim, if the pathfinder gets screwed up by this, just KEY PTP to another spot manually and the pathfinding should carry on.
        - If for some reason the mapper does not correctly determine that you are Scatterhome, type 'mapperforcescatterhome'.
    - While pathfinding you will now station transfer immediately upon leaving combat, in case you've been refused admittance to a transfer craft because you are in combat.
    - Pathfinder will try to open doors now.
    - Pathfinder will try to LAND now if you're trying to move from outdoors to indoors.

For some reason I can't edit the OP so here's the link:

Poet
    Wanna CLASS SWITCH? The pathfinder now knows about the Omni class transports, and you can now PG <fury|engi|nano|beast|scoundrel>.

Poet
    More updates!

Since you can double click rooms on the Nexus map to pathfind there, I integrated this with this pathfinder rather than with the in-game one, so happy clicking around to zip across the map. Additionally, I found the on-hover tooltips annoying since they interfere with this. Therefore, the tooltips no longer appear. If you want to toggle this behaviour, type MAPUSEMAPPER.

The pathfinder will now crash if normal movement does not work. It's a bit messy but it works. You'll want to be careful if you have any triggers that send/resend crashes. You can always toggle this behaviour with MAPUSECRASHING.

Finally, I've made the pg <alias> command accessible to the front-end. You can now:
       - MAPALIASES: Display the current map aliases.
       - MAPALIAS SET <alias> <here|#>: Create or update an existing alias to either a vNum or to your current room. Just PG <alias> to return!
       - MAPALIAS DELETE <alias>: Delete an alias.
       - MAPALIAS SEARCH <filter>: Search for a map alias.

Kestrel
  • KestrelKestrel Posts: 339Member ✭✭✭✭
    This is the greatest F'ing thing to happen to IRE since mudbot, thank you for all that you do for this community. ✨ As an exploration aficionado, I use and love this mapper.

"They are elect to whom beautiful things mean only Beauty."
    — Oscar Wilde

"I'll take care of it, Luke said. And because he said it instead of her, I knew he meant kill. That is what you have to do before you kill, I thought. You have to create an it, where none was before."
    — Margaret Atwood