Skip to content

Good Vibrations!

Comments

• Oh hey, thanks for the new hunting area for 70+. It's great.
    Download Montem System for Nexus Client - https://pastebin.com/MBEn7S0u
  • @Vielar you talking about what I said on Scattercomm the other day? I was super stressed and not having it.
    I'm gone.
  • Possibly - I don't remember to be honest, but if you said something along those lines, then probably!
  • Man, I actually remember one of my characters catching flak in his love life because the family his potential partner was in was openly homophobic in the insidious "there's nothing wrong with them, but I forbid anyone in my family from dating one" style. This in spite of several high-ranking characters being lgbt in the city at the time. And a god. Who was joined by another, different gay god later.
    Come one, come all W'hoorn, to the Cultural Exchange where we can talk about being catbird klingons!
  • edited January 2019
    Many thanks and love to the design approval team I keep spamming with stuff and they patiently go through it. They probably shook their head in dismay more than once!
  • - Queueing now respects prone and doesn't execute the command until it's cured

I didn't expect such a quick response when I made that post. You guys are seriously amazing. It is very much appreciated.
  • @Revelin's enthusiasm is a beautiful thing and I want to bottle it and carry it around with me and save it for a rainy day.

Also mad respect to you for some of your recent IG choices, though I won't go into details.

On a more game-related note, I want to say that I really love the Wetwiring system. Thank you for this, Staff of Starmourn. Thank you for listening to those of us who have loved your games for years, but struggled with some of the more complicated curing systems on the others. I've been playing IRE for well over a decade now and remember back when we had to carry a bunch of every herb and vial, and there was no IG curing system so we either had to make our own or rely on the kindness of others who made public curing systems. Coding skill was really make or break for combat viability.

The WW system is so much more intuitive and elegant. It's all in one place and it all makes a kind of sense that I can appreciate, causing stacking afflictions as the systems deteriorate, etc. I feel that even a beginner to IRE would not have too much trouble figuring it out. A+

"They are elect to whom beautiful things mean only Beauty."
    — Oscar Wilde

"I'll take care of it, Luke said. And because he said it instead of her, I knew he meant kill. That is what you have to do before you kill, I thought. You have to create an it, where none was before."
    — Margaret Atwood

• Whoever added laser beams to the selakki:

I see you, and I love you.
  • Xiru said:
    Y'all didn't have to go and give bonuses on past credit purchases. But you did. And that's amazing.
    Was that what that was? That's awesome. 
    "Tell me of your home world, Usul."
  • Fire builds in a Suncore ST-1 kithblade until it blazes white hot in your grasp, and you plunge it straight into Ata Aurazi's chest, the sizzling blade of flame and metal rending through his defenses until it reaches his heart in a fatal strike that cooks him from the inside out with the molten force of your power.

The Fury instakill gets across a very clear idea. It's a little bit of a run-on, but glancing in it in the moment, it still completely works. Good writing guys!

• Viola said:
    Fire builds in a Suncore ST-1 kithblade until it blazes white hot in your grasp, and you plunge it straight into Ata Aurazi's chest, the sizzling blade of flame and metal rending through his defenses until it reaches his heart in a fatal strike that cooks him from the inside out with the molten force of your power.

The Fury instakill gets across a very clear idea. It's a little bit of a run-on, but glancing in it in the moment, it still completely works. Good writing guys!

Run on sentences definitely have their place when you need to convey that a lot is happening in a very short span of time. One of the nice things about knowing all the little grammatical rules for one's own language is that it teaches you how and when to break them.

Like, take Luis in the Marvel movies. That mean eats, speaks and BREATHES one long, meandering run on sentence. And it's pure gold. 
    Come one, come all W'hoorn, to the Cultural Exchange where we can talk about being catbird klingons!
  • When you add someone as an ally for the first time and discover it's mutual. <3

"They are elect to whom beautiful things mean only Beauty."
    — Oscar Wilde

"I'll take care of it, Luke said. And because he said it instead of her, I knew he meant kill. That is what you have to do before you kill, I thought. You have to create an it, where none was before."
    — Margaret Atwood

• Four thumbs up (Krona) for the new terminal instances. Solid, straightforward and fun. Thank you!
  • A round of thanks to everyone in Song who's been contributing to our FHELP index! :chuffed:
    Mereas Eyrlock
    "They're excited, but poor."
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
  • DATASHARDS THANK YOU OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Hi, I'm Ata. Oh and maybe some other people, too. o:) Check out my various packages for Nexus: Vuu combat system, Global Pathfinder, Slicer Tools, Ship compass, JS from command line, Vitals Tracker, and Equipment Manager.
  • New main story sidequest made me sad but like, in a good way.
  • Cubey said:
    New main story sidequest made me sad but like, in a good way.
    Is it just for 40 or do you know if it can be done if 50 has already been done?
    I'm gone.
  • saturnine said:
    Cubey said:
    New main story sidequest made me sad but like, in a good way.
    Is it just for 40 or do you know if it can be done if 50 has already been done?
    I cleared the storyline ages ago and could still do it, so...
  • edited March 2019
    I really liked the new quest
    it made me feel for Kotha instead of being like "really, admins, I couldn't have saved him?"

• Please help me, I'm starving for compliments!!!

• The best/funniest part of my experience thus far:

Caichanar quickly swipes some images off its datapad as you approach. The images appear to have been of Amaian women wearing undergarments made of leaves.

I chuckled.

"Caichanar quickly swipes some images off its datapad as you approach. The images appear to have 

been of Amaian women wearing undergarments made of leaves." - Even trees have needs...