Quality of Life Wishlist

124»

Comments

• XiruXiru Posts: 500Member ✭✭✭✭
    Rhindara said:
    Now that deaths are happening a little more frequently, a READLOG DEATHSIGHT would be really useful to keep track of them.
    Or History Deathsight or whatever it's called here.
    Vote for Starmourn! Don't hurt Poffy.
  • gravithiccgravithicc Posts: 17Member
    Although most of the following can be solved with aliases or reflexes, these QoL changes would make the game more intuitive for struggling new players.

1) SCAN INR would be an intuitive alias for MS SCAN INR.
    2) SCAN RODENT as an alias for XENOZOOLOGY SCAN RODENT.
    3) A shorter native alias for XENOZOOLOGY, something like XENO.
    4) For engineers, let us directly CONSTRUCT <gadgetname/turret/botname>.
    5) New keywords for loading and storing cargo: ALL, EVERYTHING, and cargo categories (RESOURCES|GASES|MINERALS|MATERIALS|SUPPLIES|JUNK). Examples: CARGO STORE ALL DIAMENE, CARGO LOAD ALL JUNK, CARGO LOAD EVERYTHING.
    6) Simpler command for showing cargo: CARGO <ALL|SHIP|HERE>.
    7) I wish showing ship cargo would also list empty cargo space.
    8) Lifts, whew boy. They are slow and cumbersome to use, making me groan when WALK TO decides to use lifts. To speed them up (if appropriate), can each lift get a speed rating? This way we can have fast, short-distance lifts as well as slow space elevators tethering space stations to planet surfaces. To make lifts easier to use, I wish lifts were physical rooms instead of props, this way we could walk directly into a lift. Building on that, lifts could be called by bumping into their closed door (if they are at another floor). Also, lifts could automatically show their list of stops when you enter, and they could automatically push you out when you reach your destination. So a typical lift interaction would be two or three commands. Example: SW, SW, 1. (SW bumps you into the closed lift door, summoning it after a second or two. SW again to enter the now open lift, and you automatically see the stops on entry. You enter your stop number, wait a second or two and then get pushed out to your destination.)
  • eeleel Posts: 23Member ✭✭
    I recall this being mentioned somewhere but a way to allow people to follow even while off balance would make things like group bashing much nicer, not to mention group pvp. A skill in skirmishing or exploration may be appropriate?
  • RocketCatRocketCat Posts: 169Member ✭✭✭
    Refinery queue all. A shortcut to queue all your tethered rocks and scooped gas to a) your refineries, else b) the cheapest refinery.
    Hi, I'm Ata. Oh and maybe some other people, too. o:) Check out my various packages for Nexus: Vuu combat system, Global Pathfinder, Slicer Tools, Ship compass, JS from command line, Vitals Tracker, and Equipment Manager.
    Steve
  • VegaVega Posts: 70Member ✭✭✭
    As a follow up to Rhindara's Faction and Clan comments, something that would also be a nice addition would be being able to set the amount of days a referendum will take, and ending an election/vote as soon as every person in that clan has voted. This would make referendums much more usable. 
    Character: Vega
    Faction: Song Dominion
    Class: Engineer 

note: I am always up for RP, antagonistic or friendly. If she's being a bitch, it's because you're from Scatterhome or she's trying to meet a deadline and has nothing to do with whether I want to RP with you or not. Thanks in advance for the RP!

Rhindara