Skip to content

The Ideas Thread

Comments

• Being able to set discounts on our personally-owned refineries would be amazing. I'd like to give all my faction-mates a discount, as well as my eventual dynasty.
  • I wonder if it's a good idea that we can do something about the Public boards...... I understand that Starmourn allows profanity and all.. but I think for the sake of all people-not myself, but others who want to enjoy the game, I think toning the extremely vulgar language needs to be brought back down to a 2, please. I know I swear like a sailor sometimes, but never should blatant cursing and disrespect be allowed there. Do it in person via tells perhaps. Admin and players should acknowledge the responsibility of the people behind the computer. By the by for the critical and assumptive thinking that is bound to occur, I am not saying you shouldn't curse at all, but try a personal approach than there.
  • Vex said:
    BEAST stuff:

A DEPLOY and REVERT command. These would be purely cosmetic. DEPLOY fully deploys your suit. It alters your description to an armoured one you specify, and hides your skin, eyes, and regular clothing, among other traits. REVERT draws back your suit, retracting it into a bulky harness or what have you, returning you to your normal appearance, and exposing your clothing. The harness could provide an explanation as to why you can still use your MWP abilities. 

Let us have a command to talk through loudspeakers! We can do it through emotes but it feels cheap. 

Mentions of spacewalking in help files - surely the suit can double as a space suit? 
    Really, your description should just be your suit. It's already been said that you never take it off, in game. (RP what you will). So the description for B.E.A.S.T.s should always be what the suit looks like, never any clothing or anything. Probably hard to change descriptions to work differently for different classes, but this would fit better with what we've been told.
  • If it's not already available, could ship bearing be shown in GMCP?
  • Could we get a "mark all as read" command for news in our mindsim? This posturing is a pain to click and clear. 14 since the last time I logged in? ugh.
  • edited December 2018
    How about a profanity filter? So I can get ***** or gibberish on my screen. I'm not even going to use the excuse of playing with my kids around me. I don't want to see most of these words.
    As long as I'm wishful thinking, have a base set of words, but allow us to blacklist any word we come across. Different countries have different slang, after all.
  • bairloch said:
    How about a profanity filter? So I can get ***** or gibberish on my screen. I'm not even going to use the excuse of playing with my kids around me. I don't want to see most of these words.
    As long as I'm wishful thinking, have a base set of words, but allow us to blacklist any word we come across. Different countries have different slang, after all.
    Tecton said in another thread that he's looking at implementing an on/off filter. 
    https://forums.starmourn.com/discussion/486/scatterhome-swearing#latest

I can't wait! Also, it would be kind of hilarious if you could make your own list. I would totally throw some random words into the mix, like Quaff, just for the fun of it. Idk if that's possible though lol.
  • I would love to see a configurable (or not) warning implemented when you use a weapon that is below a certain durability. Maybe 20%.

Also, having WEAPON REPAIR ALL fix mounted B.E.A.S.T weapons would be lovely. This one might be a bug, but you have to individually repair any mounted weapons, and auto-repair won't fix them.

We also have autorepair and autoclone, would be cool to be able to config auto-selling your junk every time you walk into a junk shop. 
  • To add to repair ideas - let you select individual items to auto repair. My goggles keep breaking but repair costs are wasted on other items as they upgrade more often. Also maybe auto unequip if an item is nearly broken.
  • Have the Transport room in zones always be a thing you can PATH FIND. 
  • 'armband' and 'slippers' as a craftable nouns for the fashion skillset, please!
  • If there isn't already, some kind of reliable way to know which mobs are aggressive. I feel kind of locked out of zones with them, even trying to pacify. I end up pacifying the wrong one and get two mobs hitting me with a third walking in to do the same. I'd be happy with a an attribute in GMCP.
  • Would love it if NEWS commands didn't interfere with wetwiring
  • edited December 2018
    Can this fucking 'A moderator will need to approve this' thing please die? Why is it even a thing now that the game is out of closed testing? Do the mods/admin even pay attention to things requiring approval? Can we delete it, so the slightest fucking thing doesn't get flagged and prevent a comment/thread from being posted?

• edited December 2018
    Chill, Winston.

How dare you. I am not a giant gorilla.
  • *scientist

I like the ship broadcast idea, especially if it works region wide (and not just in the range of say your ship beacon). 

Might be nice if possible to use while spacewalking too. Maybe just the broadcast. 
  • edited December 2018
    • Can you move the cap on Resistance use up to high plasma? I can see the point of having a cap, but plasma lasts through logout and right now every time I log in I need to dump heat twice to put Resistance back up and it's awkward. (Also, adding a note to any abilities that have a plasma cap to their AB entries would be sweet.)
    • The help files on ship commands are a bit vague on SHIP TURN. I assumed it literally turned the ship to port or starboard. SHIP BEARING makes a lot more sense as it works now. It's doable client side, but if we're going to keep the SHIP TURN as a valid syntax, is there any chance that can actually be a method of turning the ship 45 degrees in a given direction (north to northwest, etc.), especially since ships don't turn on a dime anyway? Similarly, being able to throttle up and down with a command instead of needing to capture our current speed and input an absolute speed would be cool.

• edited December 2018
    maven said:
    Currently, there are 152 people online but only one arena in the game which only admits 2. Can we open more arenas or make faction arenas available? There are a lot of people who want to test out their abilities and strategies that are deadly and there does not seem to be any benefit in making these people wait.
    Honestly I'm hoping we can finally just get an infinitely instanced arena, instead of having to have 4-6 physical arenas for people to fill up. Also I haven't been in Starmourn's arena yet but if it's not a TRON-style VR battle room I'm gonna be hella pissed.
  • I like the idea of including hacking and back that fully.
    Eukelade gives you a peck on the cheek.
  • Has it been suggested but could a line be put above and below the hack map when it displays. 

------------------
    +-+-+-+-+-+

Ec5, makes it easier to capture than the current
  • Vex said:
    Honestly I'm hoping we can finally just get an infinitely instanced arena, instead of having to have 4-6 physical arenas for people to fill up. Also I haven't been in Starmourn's arena yet but if it's not a TRON-style VR battle room I'm gonna be hella pissed.
    Instanced arenas would be awesome, as would the ability to spectate them. Also good news for you, it is VR!