Skip to content

Scatterhome Swearing

Scatterhome swears a lot in FT and in their RP.

And it's good shit.

Just saying.

Comments

• Ironically I was just talking in a small discord server about how I hope the profanity calms down. I'm all for profanity when needed, but at the moment it feels forced. It feels like everyone is just like, "Oh, I'm allowed to curse? Guess I have to every other word!"
    Eukelade gives you a peck on the cheek.
  • When you don't want to hear them anymore, just tell them to Ftoff! ;)
  • Did this really require a thread. 
  • I tend to limit my character to like one swear every three sentences, and reset that limit per scene. Enter with a swear. 

Hence why I ended up calling some people a bunch of ineffectual space vaginas. Rather than calling them something far worse.
    Dyslexic(Symbolic Dyslexia and Subtracting-Substitution Dyslexia according to a doctor I had at one point.) and have lost my glasses and lack the ability to pay for a new set.
    Thank you for understanding.
  • RheaGhek said:
    I tend to limit my character to like one swear every three sentences, and reset that limit per scene. Enter with a swear. 

Hence why I ended up calling some people a bunch of ineffectual space vaginas. Rather than calling them something far worse.
    Iirc, your post came off worse because it opened with profanity.
  • RheaGhek said:
    I tend to limit my character to like one swear every three sentences, and reset that limit per scene. Enter with a swear. 

Vaginas can literally make life though. They get eviscerared and bleed all over the place once a month and still keep trucking and doing their business like it ain’t no thang.

Listen man, I’ll call a cunt a cunt, and a pussy a pussy, and a twat a twat, but indulge me my semantics; if you were going for an insult, calling someone a space vagina seems like the wrong way to go about it. Those things are fucking B.E.A.S.T. Being called a space vagina is a compliment.

"They are elect to whom beautiful things mean only Beauty."
    — Oscar Wilde

"I'll take care of it, Luke said. And because he said it instead of her, I knew he meant kill. That is what you have to do before you kill, I thought. You have to create an it, where none was before."
    — Margaret Atwood

• Hence ineffectual space vaginas. They aren't like normal vagina's they are ineffectual.
    Dyslexic(Symbolic Dyslexia and Subtracting-Substitution Dyslexia according to a doctor I had at one point.) and have lost my glasses and lack the ability to pay for a new set.
  • Ya'll are welcome to swear to your heart's content, but -maybe- Scatterhome needs it's very own swear word?   Why are we stuck in the past, and why is fuck an insult?  
    [Cassandra]: Poet will be unsurprised to learn that she has unread news.
  • edited December 2018
    Because it sounds it.

And because cursing like you're in starwars lacks the impact.

Kriff sake, you need to get your head outta that bantha poodoo, and go get a wizard job, and stop smoking those death sticks, they'll be the Crinkling death of you, you laserbrained, hutt-spawn.

Skrogging nerf herders, am I right, or am I right Shutta?

I played LotJ for way way too long I think.
  • I prefer to use a swear words when it makes sense and gives some gravitas to my statement. I believe using curse words for everything seems to make them no longer curse words. It just becomes a pretty debased form of communication in my opinion.
  • As an Australian, I feel right at home. 

(:
  • Hopefully and optional profanity filter. Also Fuck has a long history. 

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_3352948

• Tecton said:
    Yes, it will be configurable on/off. A lot of people don't want to feel like they're surrounded by a bunch of 10 year old who don't have adult supervision :awesome:

Thank you.
  • @Tecton seems to have just indirectly described me as a 10 year old who doesn't have supervision and if that's not a week one badge of honor I don't know what is.
  • Tye said:
    Ironically I was just talking in a small discord server about how I hope the profanity calms down. I'm all for profanity when needed, but at the moment it feels forced. It feels like everyone is just like, "Oh, I'm allowed to curse? Guess I have to every other word!"
    I don't know what to tell you, man. That's how I talk. I'm over here like, YES, UNLEASH MY INNER SAILOR. 
  • If you have a problem with how I talk you can suck my spacer ass

Bang

• I really don't see the problem with the language. I did a quest recently and the NPC dropped far more profanity than I've seen on faction talk. Optional profanity filter is fine though so long as I can keep my game unfiltered and not have to alter my roleplay.
  • That study kind of backs up what he's saying, though. Wherein context is important, and not just swearing because you can like 99.853% of the people have been doing.
  • Calling it first. Profanity filter will cause lag. Source of the lag: filtering 90% of Scatterhome FT and news.
  • You haven't seen me talk on FT in Celestine yet.
  • Personally don't believe a filter is the way to go about it. I don't think admin intervention is the solution, just people need to realise that just because you CAN curse every other word, doesn't mean you should. As Uachet said:
    I prefer to use a swear words when it makes sense and gives some gravitas to my statement. I believe using curse words for everything seems to make them no longer curse words. It just becomes a pretty debased form of communication in my opinion.

• Aah, you sweet summer child. 
  • I dont mind the swearing, but if the blatant ooc could stop that would be great.
  • I'm assuming it's the novelty of being able to so overtly swear in one of these games. Hopefully they'll get over it, and these words will go back to conveying their usual meaning.
This discussion has been closed.