Skip to content

Scatterhome Swearing

Comments

• edited December 2018
    Having permission to do something and being correct in you actions are not the same thing. The fact that you are all defending someone who is supposed to be unbiased and treat everyone equally as the main administrator of a game for insulting LITERALLY a whole group of people in a game is actually kind of disgusting and cultish. Doesn't matter who approved it,  you don't call people you want to spend money on you product childish. IT's the same as blizzard asking " Don't you own phones" when they announced Diablo: Immortal"
  • Scorpia said:
    It might not be swearing as such but...

(Scatterhome) [REDACTED] has left the faction.
    (Scatterhome): [REDACTED] says, "F."
    (Scatterhome): [REDACTED] says, "T."
    (Scatterhome): [REDACTED] says, "For.. what...?"
    (Scatterhome): [REDACTED] says, "RIP."
    (Scatterhome): [REDACTED] says, "What is F?"
    (Scatterhome): [REDACTED] says, "It stands for fuck that guy."
    (Scatterhome): [REDACTED] says, "F to pay respect."
    (Scatterhome): [REDACTED] says, "We say it to pay respects for those who leave Scatterhome."
    (Scatterhome): [REDACTED] says, "[REDACTED]. i never heard of it. where it come from?"
    (Scatterhome): [REDACTED] says, "Is.. is that a thing?"
    (Scatterhome): [REDACTED] says, "Just sounds like 'fff' over the comms."
    (Scatterhome): [REDACTED] says, "Don't you know about the hologame called Call of Duty 3034?"
    (Scatterhome): [REDACTED] says, "One of the Metal Gear solid games."
    (Scatterhome): You say, "Oh for F's sake."

That's when I left Scatterhome!

Edit: Yes, I rejoined. Bad RP drove me out, good RP brought me back. Bless you, Ronin!
    So Scatterhome is basically Twitch chat... yeah gonna stay away from there.
  • edited December 2018
    I think we all can agree that BadPenguin said that thing and looks like a total clown? What a good time.

But BadPenguin suddenly shut up and didn't dig the hole deeper. Good times, good times.
  • To be fair, I'd say it's less 99% of the time and more 90% of the time. I mean, you DO have an ISP, right?
    The customer is always right when I'm the customer.

"They are elect to whom beautiful things mean only Beauty."
    — Oscar Wilde

"I'll take care of it, Luke said. And because he said it instead of her, I knew he meant kill. That is what you have to do before you kill, I thought. You have to create an it, where none was before."
    — Margaret Atwood

• Having permission to do something and being correct in you actions are not the same thing.
    Uh... If you have permission to act the way you're acting... Then you are correct?
    The fact that you are all defending someone who is supposed to be unbiased and treat everyone equally
    Where's it say he has to do that?
    as the main administrator of a game for insulting LITERALLY a whole group of people in a game is actually kind of disgusting and cultish. Doesn't matter who approved it,  you don't call people you want to spend money on you product childish.
    When the owner approves of their employee acting a way, yeah it does matter. If you don't want to be called childish, then stop acting childish, it really isn't a difficult concept.
    IT's the same as blizzard asking " Don't you own phones" when they announced Diablo: Immortal"
    No it's not.

• edited December 2018
    Just because something you did got you mildly censured doesn't mean you are the victim of bias or unequal treatment, guy. Presumably if we were running around screaming naughty words in a vain attempt at eliciting shock we'd be casually referred to as childish as well.

Also, doing something you don't personally like is not the same thing as doing something that isn't 'correct'. That's not how that works.
  • Having permission to do something and being correct in you actions are not the same thing. The fact that you are all defending someone who is supposed to be unbiased and treat everyone equally as the main administrator of a game for insulting LITERALLY a whole group of people in a game is actually kind of disgusting and cultish. Doesn't matter who approved it,  you don't call people you want to spend money on you product childish. IT's the same as blizzard asking " Don't you own phones" when they announced Diablo: Immortal"
    You do if they are acting childish.  You must be new to IRE games.  This is not a AAA publisher, it's not EA.  Act like a twat and you'll get called out for it.
  • The fact that you are all defending someone who is supposed to be unbiased and treat everyone equally as the main administrator of a game for insulting LITERALLY a whole group of people in a game is actually kind of disgusting and cultish.
    I'm gonna let you in on a secret.

No one is unbiased.

— Oscar Wilde

"I'll take care of it, Luke said. And because he said it instead of her, I knew he meant kill. That is what you have to do before you kill, I thought. You have to create an it, where none was before."
    — Margaret Atwood

• Ernam, is that you???
  • Filter is in the works. Game hasn't been open for a month yet. We don't need this. Delete thread, please?
  • wait, the entertainment isn't over yet, Dad. 
  • Alright, one more episode. Then, it's off to bed.
  • edited December 2018
    It's funny watching you all attack someone's character for criticism towards someone being insulting. This kind of toxic community is what drives people away. I am not new to IREs I've been playing them since Imperian was a year old. I have spent countless thousands of dollars on this game and I expect to never hear an admin refer to people as childish and needing supervisor because he doesn't agree with use of venacular. It doesn't matter if they are a AAA game company they are a business and as a paying customer I do 100% expect every administration communication to be completely professional in every way because that is what he is getting paid to do. 

Someone saying something you disagree with isn't rude. Rude is what you all are doing personally attacking my Character just because you don't agree with what I am saying. 

It also doesn't matter if they were actually being childish. It is completely disrespectful for any one who respresents the company to be talking that way about it's players. 
  • Honestly? If this kind of constructive disagreement where others are simply disagreeing and explaining why they disagree is toxic to you I recommend not being on the internet, or near humans in general. It's only gonna get worse from here.
  • edited December 2018
    It's funny watching you all attack someone's character for criticism towards someone being insulting.
    Calling you childish isn't attacking you. If you think it is then you are, indeed, childish.
    This kind of toxic community is what drives people away.
    Evidently not if you're still here.
    I am not new to IREs I've been playing them since Imperian was a year old. I have spent countless thousands of dollars on this game and I expect to never hear an admin refer to people as childish and needing supervisor because he doesn't agree with use of venacular.
    How much you spend doesn't increase the value of your opinion. It's an irrelevant point to bring up.
    It doesn't matter if they are a AAA game company they are a business and as a paying customer I do 100% expect every administration communication to be completely professional in every way because that is what he is getting paid to do.
    You're not entitled to anything, except the goods you buy, just because you spend money.

Someone saying something you disagree with isn't rude. Rude is what you all are doing personally attacking my Character just because you don't agree with what I am saying.
    Nobody's attacked you. It's funny watching you cry wolf, though.

It also doesn't matter if they were actually being childish. It is completely disrespectful for any one who respresents the company to be talking that way about it's players.
    "It doesn't matter how I act, you shouldn't respond to that! I'm a customer!!!" News flash, acting like a spoilt child isn't respectful. Your opinion isn't quite as valuable as you think it is. This particular comment isn't a jab at you, specifically, but in general.

• These days, you often aren't even entitled to the goods you buy. Go ahead, break the Seconds rules/violate Apple's rules/piss off Amazon. See if you still have your character/music/e-books when they're done with you. Do eeeeet.
  • edited December 2018
    We aren't talking about other players of the game. We are talking about game representative's. I'm not bitching about another player calling other players childish. I am complaining about a representative of a company I have paid money to being careless enough to indirectly call me childish. I find it disrespectful to me and to every other person in scatterhome. 

Don't really care what randos on the internet think, that's not an okay stance for a business to have and if the administration has the kind of attitude on the forums then I'm certainly not going to keep investing in the game when I can play somewhere the developers stay above using that kind of dialouge.

I don't have to be professional here I come here to relax, and I expect others like you to fire back, but the admin should never ever be doing that. 

Given none of that has actually happened yet. Because they haven't seen any of this and it's just a bunch of us randos on the internet yelling at each other.
  • This kind of toxic community is what drives people away. 

I mean....seems like you care. Way too much, in fact.
  • There is no heat here just people seeming to think I am angry when I am literally pointing out someones inappropriate behavior. Disagreeing with someone and calling them wrong is not unprofessional and I think that is the problem you are having here. I don't have to agree with you, the admin can be wrong and they are in this case. They should never under any circumstances comment on the players of this game in that matter.

If you ACTUALLY owned your own business you'd know that is the truth. I never was once disrespectful to anyone. I didn't call anyone names. I pointed out an action that was inappropriate and called it out.

Now before you move on to answer with something that doesn't make sense again..answer a simple question..

Is it okay to go to work, and tell someone who is a customer that they are childish and need adult supervision in any context that is not them being aggressively in their face? Because if it's not okay to do that in person then it is certainly no okay to do that on a public forum as the face of a company.

And no I don't cook for a living. I run Restaurants and have done so successfully following the same model of service, treat people with respect, don't say anything that can be misconstrued or insulting where others can hear it and if you REALLY need to talk shit about someone. Do it in your office where no one can hear. 
    Your behavior is the only inappropriate behavior here.  Cussing every other word is childish, and Tecton said so.  And you proceeded to go into a full blown rage rant over what was mostly a joke.  So admins aren't allowed to joke now? 

You can still cuss as much as you want, nothings changed and you weren't punished, so why are you bitching like a child whose favorite toy was taken away? 
  • If you’re complaining about it being “toxic” and “driving people away” then why are you still here? Admit defeat, go play another game, it’s not that hard.
  • Pretty sure Tecton called me childish and I liked it.
    Is this a Daddy thing

— Oscar Wilde

— Margaret Atwood

• Kestrel said:
    Pretty sure Tecton called me childish and I liked it.
    Is this a Daddy thing
    It's definitely a Daddy thing.
    Indirectly I suppose, although what he actually said was Scatterhome acts like they're 10 years old.

Which I'm actually kinda surprised.  Does Starmourn have a lot of new to IRE people?  I always felt like IRE communities were mature.  I started playing them when I was 15 (now 33) and have never seen it be so bad.

• Just to reiterate my position - and actually the position of every other post I've seen in the 'anti' lobby in this thread - there doesn't appear to be anyone saying they don't like cursing or want it removed from the game. All I'm seeing is some people say that the use of cursing in among certain elements of Starmourn is immature, uncreative, and a little cringey. These are very different statements.
  • I think it's just it being new.  Chat was mostly chill tonight from what I saw.
  • Kestrel said:
    Pretty sure Tecton called me childish and I liked it.
    Is this a Daddy thing
    Yeah probably
  • Citrus said:
    Scorpia said:
    It might not be swearing as such but...

(Scatterhome) [REDACTED] has left the faction.
    (Scatterhome): [REDACTED] says, "T."
    (Scatterhome): [REDACTED] says, "For.. what...?"
    (Scatterhome): [REDACTED] says, "RIP."
    (Scatterhome): [REDACTED] says, "What is F?"
    (Scatterhome): [REDACTED] says, "It stands for fuck that guy."
    (Scatterhome): [REDACTED] says, "F to pay respect."
    (Scatterhome): [REDACTED] says, "We say it to pay respects for those who leave Scatterhome."
    (Scatterhome): [REDACTED] says, "[REDACTED]. i never heard of it. where it come from?"
    (Scatterhome): [REDACTED] says, "Is.. is that a thing?"
    (Scatterhome): [REDACTED] says, "Just sounds like 'fff' over the comms."
    (Scatterhome): [REDACTED] says, "Don't you know about the hologame called Call of Duty 3034?"
    (Scatterhome): [REDACTED] says, "One of the Metal Gear solid games."
    (Scatterhome): You say, "Oh for F's sake."

That's when I left Scatterhome!

Edit: Yes, I rejoined. Bad RP drove me out, good RP brought me back. Bless you, Ronin!
    So Scatterhome is basically Twitch chat... yeah gonna stay away from there.
    We ousted the guy who started this nonsense and everyone has seemingly fallen in line. Nothing to see here!
This discussion has been closed.