Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Character Concepts

2»

Comments

• MalashMalash Posts: 256Member ✭✭✭
    Squeakums said:
    I want my character to be, first and foremost, a cook. He will explore faraway and remote planets in search of the most exotic ingredients to create culinary masterpieces. Furies seem really fun, so I'll have to find a way to tie that together.

I had originally considered a mercenary of sorts, but like @UninsurablePilot said, it might be fun to balance them out with the other side of the business deal. 
    Convenient, as a Fury you wouldn't even need a kitchen to cook.
    TravelerQueanSqueakums
  • QueanQuean Posts: 59Member ✭✭✭
    I have already shared somewhere on this forum a short story depicting my character, but as we are gathering all the concepts here, I'm happy to join in!

Basically, it is my intention to build a warrior-poet-lover-mysitic character, much inspired by Oberyn Martell from the Game of Thrones, as well as by Kakita Toshimoko from the L5R universe. As my greatest memories from Achaea come from well role-played rituals and social interactions, I want to create for myself as many opportunities for such role-playing as possible. My real-life inspirations will be: the poetry of Rumi, tantra and some elements of Daoism - but only to the extent that the Jedi were influenced by zen, which is just enough to make the characters engaging.

As for the race-class combination, a W'hoorn Fury seems perfect for the job. Star kith will be a great symbol of the intense love of life, the passion and brightness I want to role-play.
    MalashUninsurablePilotSqueakumsGarrick
  • GarrickGarrick Posts: 18Member ✭✭
    Quean said:
    I have already shared somewhere on this forum a short story depicting my character, but as we are gathering all the concepts here, I'm happy to join in!

Basically, it is my intention to build a warrior-poet-lover-mysitic character, much inspired by Oberyn Martell from the Game of Thrones, as well as by Kakita Toshimoko from the L5R universe. As my greatest memories from Achaea come from well role-played rituals and social interactions, I want to create for myself as many opportunities for such role-playing as possible. My real-life inspirations will be: the poetry of Rumi, tantra and some elements of Daoism - but only to the extent that the Jedi were influenced by zen, which is just enough to make the characters engaging.

As for the race-class combination, a W'hoorn Fury seems perfect for the job. Star kith will be a great symbol of the intense love of life, the passion and brightness I want to role-play.
    For referencing L5R, GoT and Star Wars in a single post you have become my favorite person, and probably the most interesting concept I've read so far!
    Quean
  • saturninesaturnine Posts: 21Member
    I think I kinda touched on this with my post in the beta contest thread, maybe not. I've mostly played either very formal casters or, less frequently, typical rogues in the past. Months ago I had ideas along those lines - either a devout Jin Nanoseer or scumbag Human Scoundrel - but I've gone the other direction and now think I'll most likely play a totally irreverant Human Nanoseer. Not the most original by far but definitely something different than my go-tos. Though, in the back of my mind, there is the nagging idea of trying a B.E.A.S.T. Heavily armoured classes are something I've never gotten into in a fantasy setting so it might be enjoyably different here.
  • KuraksviKuraksvi Posts: 21Member
    A human scoundrel who's a damn good pilot, with a hunger for discovery and to have a world of their own. If she can't do that, she'll become one of those people in Scatterhome that are mining and refining moguls. Also since she's a good pilot, she'll run a chauffeuring service that take people and their cargo from point A to point B, no questions asked.
  • ErrantErrant Posts: 23Member
    Decheeran Engineer whose planet was attacked by Celestine Ascendancy corporate security forces. Entire Groves destroyed.

The Song Dominions' lack of concern beyond tactical considerations caused him to turn his back on both civilizations and head for Scatterhome. 
    He's a tad obsessed with creating symbiosis between living things and technology. Everything from his ship to any apartments(house,pod,etc.) will be like walking into a forest or jungle.  
    QueanSyajaSqueakumsdancink
  • TelonosTelonos Posts: 2Member
    Hi folks. Very new here but super excited about the possibilities with this new universe. I have a few potential concepts floating around in my head:

Elgan scientist/engineer - mad scientist type
    Human archeologist/historian - sort of a mashup of Indiana Jones and Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Jin mercenary/bounty hunter - general "fixer"/troubleshooter, maybe on retainer to some corporation that's not above shady business dealings

A couple others that I'm still mulling over, but these three are the ones that are intriguing me the most at the moment. Still deciding on classes and genders. I love character creation. :)
    SyajaMalashSqueakums
  • TelonosTelonos Posts: 2Member
    Malash said:
    The way people've been talking, I don't think we'll have any corporations not doing shady business.
    One can only hope. Having lots of options is a good thing :pleased: Plus it gives the do-gooders something to rail against, hehe.
    SyajaMalashSqueakums
  • SynsiaSynsia Posts: 13Member ✭✭
    I'm so excited to bring my Jin scoundrel to life. As with most of my characters, she'll likely be a real clean shade of true-neutral-grey, which is nice when there are so many idea options floating around! One of my most anticipated things is seeing where the environment and interactions will take her. I know her personality, that she has an affinity for candy (of which gummy type will be her favorite), that she is clever and capable albeit a little bumbling at times. Definitely will have a techy-edge. Probably will be involved with the (il)legal organ trade? Cybernetic/bionic health industry? ... but we'll see what's needed on the market. Gotta take supply and demand into consideration!
    AmondraskTelonos
  • AvaeAvae Posts: 8Member
    Something, something, a big and tough Ry'nari in a BEAST suit. She's kinda dumb but tries to make up for it with fire power and a fiery attitude. We'll start from there :D 
    MalashQueanSynsia
  • KaedokKaedok Posts: 18Member
    Jin Engineer, his shtick with death worship is to honor his fallen comrades and enemies by incorporating their mindsims as a CPU of sorts for his mechanical creations. He thereby grants a final boon to the deceased - the opportunity to propagate their deaths. The iterative approach to death worship.
    SynsiaMalash
  • SqueakumsSqueakums Posts: 60Member ✭✭✭
    So awesome and well thought out @Amondrask. I really like the image! It makes me think of a more Asian styled Reinhardt  
    Amondrask
  • AmondraskAmondrask Posts: 31Member ✭✭
    Thank you very much, @Squeakums, that's very kind of you to say. It's nice to see a few people enjoy the concept, very heartening. Looking forward to possibly interacting with you all in the game! 
    MalashSqueakums
  • ThaithThaith Posts: 12Member
    Deciding between a few currently. In order of preference:

Shen Fury - Celestine Ascendancy: Comes from a well to-do family (real estate on resort planets), but has never really taken much comfort in knowing that cataclysmic, galaxy-changing events only happen every forty or fifty thousand years. Also never really warmed to the idea of one day taking charge of the family business. When it became obvious that we was going to squander the family's wealth investigating the Ishvana and preparing for imagined Cleax invasions, he was given enough money to buy a ship and then promptly disinherited. Outwardly polite and well-spoken (probably a result of his upbringing), but decidedly less reserved than your average Shen. Has a temper, but he keeps it on a low simmer.

Amaian Scoundrel - Song Dominion: Former military, but went her own way once her enlistment was up. Like most Amaians, she tends to value the group more than the individual, but has a harder time with rigid social structures and doesn't do well in very strict disciplinary hierarchies. As a ship's captain, she still takes on the same kind of work she did in the military, and still works to advance Song's goals, but is much happier as a privateer than a rank-and-file soldier. Mild avaricious streak, but not really into accumulating wealth or status. More interested in the kind of freedom and social mobility that money can provide.

Tukkav B.E.A.S.T. - Scatterhome: Avid trophy hunter, works largely for mining expeditions that require sites to be cleared of any "inconvenient" native species. Will accept most any job, but jumps at the opportunity to take down huge or dangerous predators. Might appear dumb or single-minded at times, but only because he has the kind of intellect that appreciates the true meaning of words like "ordnance" and "gratuitous."
    AmondraskSynsiaQuean
  • KaedokKaedok Posts: 18Member
    Decheeran fury. Round shields held by numerous tractor beams around the hull of his longship. He wields a stout kithblade in the shape of an axe in one hand and a a round wooden shield made from his own wood is his other hand. 

Meet Leaf Erikson, son of Erik the Red(wood)