Skip to content

Map the Stars!

Greetings!

I have started a project to map out the stars and create a catalogue of all known celestial bodies which includes stars, planets, satellites, stations, cosmpiercers, voidgates, and anything else that has a (relatively) permanent fixture in the Starmourn Sector. This does not include nebula, mineable astroids or gas clouds, ships, incursions, or anything else that might be temporary. This will be thrown onto a google docs with the information collected to be added in as comments on each zone for a quick reference. So far I've mapped out the Starchart map with examples here.

But this is a big project, so that's where you come in! I'm accepting any volunteers who'd like to fly around and record the data of zones. The more people who join the quicker we can get this done and become available for the community to enjoy. Come join and help explore the depths of space!

Comments

• I'd love to help! Let me know what I can do.
  • This is very cool! I was literally just thinking it'd be cool if I had a list of every local star in my faction space, but looks like you already did the work for me.

Any way to get their non-numerical names added too? Or is there a way I can use this list as a reference in game.
  • Oran said:
    I'd love to help! Let me know what I can do.
    At this point I just need people flying, purposely flying out the entire zone and keeping track of what's in it! No need for Cosmpiercers or Voidgates though, as those are already listed. I plan on focusing on the owned (colored) sectors first with the addition of named zones like Iota, Aleph, etc
    So in a private message (ig, forums, or discord) I need the zone, the object name, and coords. (ex. Aleph, Aleph voidate, coords: x-###, y-###)

Deltrion said:
    Any way to get their non-numerical names added too? Or is there a way I can use this list as a reference in game.
    Well so far it's just zones and their names, with the "named" sectors being like Aleph, Iota, etc. The zone name for most of them are according to their coords CA (Corewards, Antispin-wards)-XXYY, so you can STARCHART ALEPH but not STARCHART CS-4040 (what aleph's zone name would be according to the pattern if it wasn't named Aleph). Plus the work is just started, so you can still join in to help if you want!
  • I am willing to help.
    Hi, I'm Ata. Oh and maybe some other people, too. o:) Check out my various packages for Nexus: Vuu combat system, Global Pathfinder, Slicer Tools, Ship compass, JS from command line, Vitals Tracker, and Equipment Manager.
  • I've been working on this exact same project for the last several days. Hit me up over Discord if you wish to discuss. entropyrat#9205
  • I don't really intend on playing but enjoy coding stuff from time to time;

Let me know if you think your data would be amenable to something like this:

https://willxyu.github.io/achaeasail/
    vote ∘ Explore Nexus mods for Starmourn & Achaeandb for Nexus

• @Oran @Deltrion@RocketCat
    I've already started talking with Groot and would like to get a Discord chat set up with the 5 of us to start planning this out. Can the three of you please add me on Discord at entropyrat#9205 and shoot me a message? Cheers!
  • edited December 2018
    tysandr said:
    I don't really intend on playing but enjoy coding stuff from time to time;

Let me know if you think your data would be amenable to something like this:

https://willxyu.github.io/achaeasail/
    Thanks for the offer on this Tysandr. I think for now the plan is Google Sheets because of how easy it is to work with and search. But I could see it being really fun to add the data to something like that down the road. Thanks mate.
  • Any chance you have a high resolution version of the first image in the OP? Or the sheet itself? Thanks.
  • Any updates?
    vote ∘ Explore Nexus mods for Starmourn & Achaeandb for Nexus

• edited January 2019
    tysandr said:
    Any updates?
    We have finished all named subsecs. It's in Google Sheets at the moment but I intend to convert this to JSON for easier interface with scripting, when I get the chance.

Edit: The above is incorrect. Apparently overexcited, we in fact have not finished all the named subsecs, but rather still only some of them.
    Hi, I'm Ata. Oh and maybe some other people, too. o:) Check out my various packages for Nexus: Vuu combat system, Global Pathfinder, Slicer Tools, Ship compass, JS from command line, Vitals Tracker, and Equipment Manager.
  • To help facilitate the awesome RP that can spawn out of this project, we have made a clan that we'll be using for future projects named the Society! If you want to join and be a part of the Society just poke Quark in game for an invite!
  • Would love to see the sheet. Could you share a copy with people?
  • edited February 2019
    Nevermind! Oops