Fury Thread - Stay on topic.

245

Comments

  • kamdiankamdian Member Posts: 37
    I use battleflow/rage with windshape up for solo bashing. Have a 9 combo rotation I go through and it seems to do more than just burn. 174 str/156 psyche currently at level 17. For cosmpiercers, burn is king if you're in a large group given the balance time being shorter. If in a smaller group, fever then burn may be better for utility purposes. Actually, I lead with fever against some harder-hitting mobs just to slow them down some as well for solo bashing. 

    Rotation I use is (and this may not be ideal, I just made it up kinda on the fly looking at what could be combined with what) swiftcut flyinglash/berserk (if I have the rage) to assail/deepstrike to salvo/strike to gutrend/upperlash to drive/daze to cleave/strike to swiftcut/flyinglash to wound/rend to rupture/strike. 


    I start off with the last three first on tougher mobs to get the wounds on them first. Could be better and more optimized, but I haven't fooled around with it since I set it up for the first time. 
    StarFiry
  • QueanQuean Member Posts: 87 ✭✭✭
    @Thaith your first rotation is exactly what I have been using for bashing :-) I've checked it against spamming Burn and all and all I find the battleflow/rage rotation better.
    Starmourn Launch Countdown:
    https://countingdownto.com/?c=2341194
  • MinionMinion Member Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    I love that Starmourn is bucking "Conventional Wisdom".
  • AlbionAlbion Member Posts: 98 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Thaith said:
    There are two rotations that I'm using for bashing currently, with 477 in Battleflow and 310 in Rage.

    1) Gutrend/Upperlash -> Drive/Daze -> Concuss/Strike
    On the first rotation, Concuss does extra damage because the target is dazed. On every rotation thereafter, Gutrend also does extra damage because Drive winded the target on the first go round.

    Concuss: Spinning behind a sleek shadow fox, you strike her in the side of the head with the hilt of an Ixax T-1-A kithblade in a concussing blow.
    The effect is enhanced by one affliction.
    Second Gutrend: You pivot in place, slashing a sleek shadow fox horizontally across her body with a gutrending strike of an Ixax T-1-A kithblade.
    The effect is enhanced by heavy internal damage and one affliction.

    Also seems like a good rotation to keep winded/sensory afflictions on the target and take advantage of damage bonuses for both.

    2) Swiftcut/Flyinglash -> Wound/Rend -> Rupture/Strike

    For this one, you apply a bunch of bleeding effects via Wound/Rupture plus Muscular damage via Rend. Rupture gets better and better with existing bleed effects, and you also get extra damage on Swiftcut because Rend keeps stacking Muscular damage. Just like the above rotation, it also just feels like a natural way to keep bleed/muscular afflictions on a target (again, while taking advantage of damage bonuses for both).

    At my current level, both rotations kill mobs quicker than just spamming Burn, and both feel like good practice for setting up afflictions in PvP.
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/gLwiluVT

    Here's a log with the rotations. Combo 2 did 1123 over 13+ seconds, combo 1 did 1263 over 19 seconds (mob regeneration). Seems like including daze (well, non-damaging rage abilities) hurts the combo dps. Might actually keep to (2), that does so much damage, while combo 1 did kith burn levels of damage.
    StarFiryMinionAspie
  • AristaArista Member Posts: 59 ✭✭
    If you have Sunder, it also happens to be really nice damage (but room-wide so only use if there's one mob or you can handle all the mobs at once). I've been sunder bashing groups of worms and it's pretty great.
  • StarFiryStarFiry Member Posts: 32

    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/gLwiluVT

    Here's a log with the rotations. Combo 2 did 1123 over 13+ seconds, combo 1 did 1263 over 19 seconds (mob regeneration). Seems like including daze (well, non-damaging rage abilities) hurts the combo dps. Might actually keep to (2), that does so much damage, while combo 1 did kith burn levels of damage.
    Totally agree. Second combo is pretty good, especially on a second go because of additional damage.  Keep all this good stuff coming, fellow Furies. 
  • QueanQuean Member Posts: 87 ✭✭✭
    The Blood&Wound (2) combo seems to be comparable to the first on low-level mobs. I'm level 11 and bashing at robots, and with both combos they go down in 4-5 moves (usually 4). But it seems with longer fights the Blood&Wound seems to get the upper hand.
    Starmourn Launch Countdown:
    https://countingdownto.com/?c=2341194
  • TyeTye Member Posts: 127 ✭✭✭
    Tried various combos throughout Usum, Zephyr mountains, and the Casino in main story and this 2nd combo has definitely been the most efficient for me so far.
    Eukelade gives you a peck on the cheek.
    StarFiry
  • StarFiryStarFiry Member Posts: 32
    Adding fever to target before the attack, also helps and is amuzing. 

    Are there any attacks available to furies from elevated position, when you are levitating on the second or third level?
  • StarFiryStarFiry Member Posts: 32
    I don’t have the skill yet, but does inferno works on all in room (on ground level) even if you are levitating when casting it?
  • MarunaMaruna Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    I've been having most luck with that second combo, but change a little bit as per talking with Atalkez. Now that I'm starting to fight things that take a bit longer to kill, my sequence goes along these lines:
    if stance == "Symmetry" then<br>   if rage > 20 and not sys.defs.rage_berserk then<br>      command = "combo swiftcut berserk "..target<br>   else<br>      command = "combo swiftcut flyinglash "..target<br>   end<br>elseif fs == "Flare" then<br>   command = "combo wound rend "..target<br>else<br>   command = "combo rupture strike "..target<br>end
    The increase on damage of berserk more than makes up the damage lost by flyinglash in that combo, since it buffs rage hits as well as battleflow ones.
    StarFiry
  • AspieAspie Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    Maruna said:
    I've been having most luck with that second combo, but change a little bit as per talking with Atalkez. Now that I'm starting to fight things that take a bit longer to kill, my sequence goes along these lines:
    if stance == "Symmetry" then<br>   if rage > 20 and not sys.defs.rage_berserk then<br>      command = "combo swiftcut berserk "..target<br>   else<br>      command = "combo swiftcut flyinglash "..target<br>   end<br>elseif fs == "Flare" then<br>   command = "combo wound rend "..target<br>else<br>   command = "combo rupture strike "..target<br>end
    The increase on damage of berserk more than makes up the damage lost by flyinglash in that combo, since it buffs rage hits as well as battleflow ones.
    It might, but when I included berserk my kill times were about the same on average. I track that by the amount of balance time consumed, not anything damage related. I decided to remove berserk since it didn't seem to make a difference and I'd rather build rage towards unstoppable.
  • MarunaMaruna Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    Aspie said:
    Maruna said:
    I've been having most luck with that second combo, but change a little bit as per talking with Atalkez. Now that I'm starting to fight things that take a bit longer to kill, my sequence goes along these lines:
    if stance == "Symmetry" then<br>   if rage > 20 and not sys.defs.rage_berserk then<br>      command = "combo swiftcut berserk "..target<br>   else<br>      command = "combo swiftcut flyinglash "..target<br>   end<br>elseif fs == "Flare" then<br>   command = "combo wound rend "..target<br>else<br>   command = "combo rupture strike "..target<br>end
    The increase on damage of berserk more than makes up the damage lost by flyinglash in that combo, since it buffs rage hits as well as battleflow ones.
    It might, but when I included berserk my kill times were about the same on average. I track that by the amount of balance time consumed, not anything damage related. I decided to remove berserk since it didn't seem to make a difference and I'd rather build rage towards unstoppable.
    Haven't really looked into Unstoppable yet, so not sure how to set that up at the moment.
  • AtalkezAtalkez Member Posts: 59 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Aspie said:
    Maruna said:
    I've been having most luck with that second combo, but change a little bit as per talking with Atalkez. Now that I'm starting to fight things that take a bit longer to kill, my sequence goes along these lines:
    if stance == "Symmetry" then<br>   if rage > 20 and not sys.defs.rage_berserk then<br>      command = "combo swiftcut berserk "..target<br>   else<br>      command = "combo swiftcut flyinglash "..target<br>   end<br>elseif fs == "Flare" then<br>   command = "combo wound rend "..target<br>else<br>   command = "combo rupture strike "..target<br>end
    The increase on damage of berserk more than makes up the damage lost by flyinglash in that combo, since it buffs rage hits as well as battleflow ones.
    It might, but when I included berserk my kill times were about the same on average. I track that by the amount of balance time consumed, not anything damage related. I decided to remove berserk since it didn't seem to make a difference and I'd rather build rage towards unstoppable.
    I use both. A Berserk Slice does big damage
    Mavis
  • AspieAspie Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Atalkez said:
    I use both. A Berserk Slice does big damage
    I'm not convinced that there is any benefit to using berserk in a bleed combo, if that is what you're doing. The amount of damage for a full rotation is less than one flyinglash for twice the cost of it (note: I didn't include bleed ticks, just hits). Even the amount of damage gained from berserk through slice would be 45 if your slice had a base damage of 300, which is also not worth it. I think it's probably better to just go without berserk and save the rage for more future slices.
  • TyeTye Member Posts: 127 ✭✭✭
    I'm not using unstoppable or berserk and cap on rage pretty fast with combo two (bleed). I haven't tested a bunch but I feel there's a more rage-efficient setup. Anyone have ideas? 
    Eukelade gives you a peck on the cheek.
    StarFiry
  • MarunaMaruna Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Maruna said:
    Haven't really looked into Unstoppable yet, so not sure how to set that up at the moment.
    So I actually looked into setting this up. Seem to have found a bug with unstoppable (or just very, very horrible wording on the AB).
    By the wording of the ab it says Resources required:     80.00% rage (uses 20.00%) - this seems to imply that you need 80% rage to be able to use it, but the attack itself only uses 20%... This isn't actually the case however, as shown below.
    Bugged it, but still.

  • SqueakumsSqueakums Member Posts: 216 ✭✭✭
    @Maruna is that for Mudlet or Nexus?
  • MarunaMaruna Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    Mudlet.      
  • DeltrionDeltrion Member Posts: 27
    Had the same issue with unstoppable. Also bugged it
  • AzlynAzlyn Member Posts: 47 ✭✭✭
    Also having the same unstoppable issue, which is big sad.
  • FaranFaran Member, Moderator Posts: 8 Moderator
    Maruna said:
    Maruna said:
    Haven't really looked into Unstoppable yet, so not sure how to set that up at the moment.
    So I actually looked into setting this up. Seem to have found a bug with unstoppable (or just very, very horrible wording on the AB).
    By the wording of the ab it says Resources required:     80.00% rage (uses 20.00%) - this seems to imply that you need 80% rage to be able to use it, but the attack itself only uses 20%... This isn't actually the case however, as shown below.
    Bugged it, but still.

    I swear that posting on the forums does not get your bugs more attention than anyone else's, but it led to the discovery of an underlying bug and tl;dr it's fixed.
  • AlbionAlbion Member Posts: 98 ✭✭✭
    Worked Unstoppable & Slice into my bashing rotations, and wow is it worth every bit of effort. The damage is pure insanity.
    StarFiry
  • StarFiryStarFiry Member Posts: 32
    How in the world you get your rage up to 80 to enter unstoppable??
  • MarunaMaruna Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    StarFiry said:
    How in the world you get your rage up to 80 to enter unstoppable??
    Using the 2nd combo you get it after about 3-4 mobs. Just gotta keep killing so your rage doesn't drop.
    StarFiryIllidaen
  • StarFiryStarFiry Member Posts: 32
    Maruna said:
    StarFiry said:
    How in the world you get your rage up to 80 to enter unstoppable??
    Using the 2nd combo you get it after about 3-4 mobs. Just gotta keep killing so your rage doesn't drop.
    Yeah... I guess I need a more even area with easier mobs, because right now, I lose it all while restoring health. 
  • MarunaMaruna Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    StarFiry said:
    Maruna said:
    StarFiry said:
    How in the world you get your rage up to 80 to enter unstoppable??
    Using the 2nd combo you get it after about 3-4 mobs. Just gotta keep killing so your rage doesn't drop.
    Yeah... I guess I need a more even area with easier mobs, because right now, I lose it all while restoring health. 
    Go full lifeforce. It gets easier once you're higher up, to maintain the rage.
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/FOPha7ns There's a log of unstoppable. The uptime on it is immense if you can keep it rolling (aka kill without much downtime) at level 30, replacing every rage attack with slice while unstoppable is somewhere around ~400 more damage in the same amount of time.

  • StarFiryStarFiry Member Posts: 32
    edited December 2018
    @Maruna, thank you!

    Switching the he subject, any reason to invest stat points into Psyche? I have Lifeforce, Strength and Regen all “maxed” out at 200, was thinking Evasion as next priority, but wanted to check with those who are further along..? Any thoughts?
  • MarunaMaruna Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    StarFiry said:
    @Maruna, thank you!

    Switching the he subject, any reason to invest stat points into Psyche? I have Lifeforce, Strength and Regen all “maxed” out at 200, was thinking Evasion as next priority, but wanted to check with those who are further along..? Any thoughts?
    +50 (200 total) is just went DRs kick in. The actual cap is 400 (+250) - by the time you hit 75 you have enough points to fully max out 2, with a good amount of stats in a 3rd.
    I've just been putting every single point into lifeforce so far because it seems to work the best. Regen is next to useless at lower levels, base regen is 4% and caps (at 250) at 8%. Strength is negligible increases to damage at lower levels, I can see it being good once you get higher though and have mods etc in weapon. Evasion sucks, Psyche is kinda pointless because Battleflow/Rage bashing is significantly greater than Fulmination bashing.
    eta to clarify:
    -------------------------------< Player stats >--------------------------------
    Stat            Base      Assigned  Rewards   Total     Effective
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Strength       150       0         0         150       150
    Psyche          150       0         0         150       150
    Lifeforce       150       178     0         328       264
    Evasion         150       0         0         150       150
    Regen           150       0         0         150       150
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Available stat points: 0.
    Health: 2547/2670 RG: 15.00% [BWC]

    That's my points at 30, right now.

Sign In or Register to comment.