Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which Client?

2»

Comments

  • RothareRothare Posts: 66Member ✭✭
    Mobile (you play on your phone in a way I can't even understand)
    Sorry for the double post, but editing takes like a week. I'm really hoping that eventually IRE gets nexus or something similar working on mobile! I'm constantly looking, and I do remember there was something at some point(it didnt work for me) but it got taken down.
    It would definitely make MUDs more accessible and more appealing to the younger generation.
    AmondraskSyajaTazhena
  • jarijari Posts: 12Member
    edited November 23
    Mobile (you play on your phone in a way I can't even understand)
    I wrote my own terminal client thats customized for Achaea. Its not done yet because i'm actually creating it for Starmourn. Once i get access to Starmourn i'm going to refit my client.
    The reason i'm writing my own client is because I want the same feature set at work, at home and on my phone.
    Its even responsive! So resizing the window beyond a certain threshold will swap layouts to comply to the screen size its currently using.
    here is a screenshot: link
    The hype

    🍆💦💦💦💦


  • SyajaSyaja Posts: 331Member ✭✭✭
    Nexus (official Starmourn/Iron Realms client)
    Rothare said:
    Sorry for the double post, but editing takes like a week. I'm really hoping that eventually IRE gets nexus or something similar working on mobile! I'm constantly looking, and I do remember there was something at some point(it didnt work for me) but it got taken down.
    It would definitely make MUDs more accessible and more appealing to the younger generation.
    Nexus works on mobile! It's browser based and scales pretty well, though the screen's always too small for me. My 11" Chromebook screen is about as small as I can go. 
    Rothare
  • OrionOrion Posts: 9Member
    Mudlet (generally the go-to standalone of choice)
    Mudlet until I D.I.E.
  • AlishiaAlishia Posts: 9Member
    @Orion does nexus triggers execute on the server or in the client?
  • AureliusAurelius Posts: 340Administrator Starmourn staff
    edited November 27
    Nexus (official Starmourn/Iron Realms client)
    Alishia said:
    @Orion does nexus triggers execute on the server or in the client?
    On the client.
  • AvaeAvae Posts: 8Member
    Nexus (official Starmourn/Iron Realms client)
    Definitely going to start out with Nexus and once I'm comfortable, try Mudlet. I used Mudlet for Achaea but only with a GUI someone else made. What even is coding? :D 
  • RothareRothare Posts: 66Member ✭✭
    Mobile (you play on your phone in a way I can't even understand)
    So how do I access the nexus on my mobile?
  • SyajaSyaja Posts: 331Member ✭✭✭
    Nexus (official Starmourn/Iron Realms client)
    You just go to the website. For example, in Achaea it's https://nexus.achaea.com/
    Rothare
  • RothareRothare Posts: 66Member ✭✭
    Mobile (you play on your phone in a way I can't even understand)
    Oh, I didnt realize that was considered nexus. Thanks!
  • IndiIndi Posts: 82Member ✭✭
    Mudlet (generally the go-to standalone of choice)
    jari said:
    I wrote my own terminal client thats customized for Achaea. Its not done yet because i'm actually creating it for Starmourn. Once i get access to Starmourn i'm going to refit my client.
    The reason i'm writing my own client is because I want the same feature set at work, at home and on my phone.
    Its even responsive! So resizing the window beyond a certain threshold will swap layouts to comply to the screen size its currently using.
    here is a screenshot: link
    Looks cool man. I briefly considered doing my own thing with python as well, mostly because when I changed jobs about a year ago and had to learn and use python, I found (and still do) myself constantly muddling python and lua. There are enough similarities that if a script won't run it's almost certainly me mixing syntax between the two (do/then in place of : for example).

    Also, I could script for gaming under the guise of practicing for work. Maybe? 

    But then I didn't; I'd need to learn a lot more about Python that doesn't apply to my job at all. Also, so much work from others has already gone into mudlet, I can't be bothered reinventing the wheel like that. 
  • ShikiShiki Posts: 14Member
    Mudlet (generally the go-to standalone of choice)
    I'll be using Mudlet mainly because it's more secure. If I were to make settings in Nexus, I imagine they wouldn't be private but stored on their server.
  • SyajaSyaja Posts: 331Member ✭✭✭
    Nexus (official Starmourn/Iron Realms client)
    They are stored on their server. The upside of this is I take them with me everywhere I go without having to do anything.
  • ShikiShiki Posts: 14Member
    Mudlet (generally the go-to standalone of choice)
    Syaja said:
    They are stored on their server. The upside of this is I take them with me everywhere I go without having to do anything.
    I'd rather store mine on a private git repo than a place where admins can get their hands on it. I don't have anything against the admins (they're great!), I'd just like to keep my code private.

    If Nexus were an offline client then I would perhaps reconsider.
  • KedlinKedlin Posts: 13Member
    Mudlet on my desktop, Nexus on my Linux based laptop. 
  • IndiIndi Posts: 82Member ✭✭
    Mudlet (generally the go-to standalone of choice)
    You know mudlet runs on Linux, right?
Sign In or Register to comment.