Starmourn is still a brand new game, and many of our systems remain in a 'fledgling' state compared to the other games in IRE's ecosystem. This includes things like our customer service infrastructure, and the policies we have in place for properly monitoring and supporting players. To that end, we are working on building and reviewing a framework of behavior and rule enforcement that will serve the playerbase better in the future. Going forward, we hope to have a better understanding of how best to help out community thrive and grow.
Our HELP HARASSMENT and HELP OOC helpfiles have been updated to incorporate the following policies. Please review these helpfiles carefully, as our policies will be enforced.
- Players will be civil and respectful to each other out of character. In character, feel free to be a mean supervillain, so long as you are still capable of being kind to others OOC.
- OOC platforms are not avenues for roleplay. To be specific, they are not a place to pursue character development or interaction. Feel free to post logs and quotes if everyone agrees, and feel free to express appreciation for play you enjoyed, but in general, keep IC happenings IC. That means absolutely NO IC mudslinging or interaction on the forums or OOC chat channels.
- Justice for OOC grievances should be pursued through OOC means, and NOT through IC gameplay. If you are OOC upset or uncomfortable about something that happened IC, try to come to an OOC resolution with your roleplay partners, or use the IGNORE function. If you continue to experience problems, ISSUE.
- No trolling the newbie channel or faction channels, or posting inflammatory things in on the Forums or in News simply to get an exciting reaction from others.
- When in doubt, ask yourself if someone could construe what you are about to say or post as hurtful. Don't be hurtful. Follow the golden rule.