What do we want? Letters/Datashards. When do we want them? As soon as possible, please.

SyltSylt Posts: 7Member ✭✭
edited January 7 in The Commsphere
I'm unsure if a thread has been created for this yet, if there has, I'm sorry. If there hasn't, please read on.

Could we PRETTY please get some form of "letters" datashards that allow us to use the editor to write stuff to each other in a more formatted way?

At the moment, us special snowflake types are sending PASTEBIN LINKS to each other in a message akin to:

"Hi Sylt. I have uploaded a datashard for your review. ((OOC: pastebinlinkhere))."

Any indication that something is planned for this would be great, if there is no plan, could it please be added as one?

I want to send my ASCII invitations. Portfolios. Interviews. Contracts. CORPORATION THINGS.

Thank you.
kxrachhusEsheViolaVegasaturnineXiruQuellUshuMineiNuzirGrekCasimar

Comments

• kxrachhuskxrachhus Posts: 6Member
    I mean as a fellow "Special Snowflake" type, I have had to recently upload a datashard (Pastebin) for roleplay purposes.

I really am not a huge fan of going OOC with something most other games have IC, so I would very very very much be on board to have something like this in game, I have brought it up in the main discord and it seems to be a favourable discussion in the instances we have had, aside from some who have brought up using the MSG system, which for the most part is fine, save for the dreaded formatting.  

PLUS: Some of us are huge fans of the MUDLET editor function for this kind of shiz.

So pretty please @Tecton

Thank you for considering this.
    NuzirSylt
  • QuellQuell Posts: 78Member ✭✭✭
    God yes, please. So much of my character's schtick hinges on him being able to write things. 
    I rinsed linen in the pond, I stared at the brewhouse. Like all these long low squat houses, it had been built not for but against. They were built against the forest, against the sea, against the elements, against the world. They had roof-beams and walls and doors and hatred - as though in this part of the world an architect always included hatred among his tools, and said to his apprentice: "Mind you've brought along enough hatred today."
  • ViolaViola Posts: 7Member
    This is essentially sort of what I want:
    MINDSIM EMAIL <person> - opens up the editor
    MINDSIM EMAIL <person1>, <person2>, <person3>, ..., <personx> - opens up the editor
    MINDSIM EMAIL INBOX - list of e-mails by number
    MINDSIM EMAIL VIEW # - standard viewing syntax
    MINDSIM EMAIL REPLY # - unsure how code works, might be impractical
    MINDSIM EMAIL FORWARD # <person> - sends a static copy of the e-mail to someone
    MINDSIM EMAIL SAVETO # <datashard> - archival purposes
    Feel free to charge us fees for sending e-mails and for keeping them stored in our inbox! Feel free to charge us fees for archival, too! But please please please something like this.
    SyltkxrachhusQuell
  • kxrachhuskxrachhus Posts: 6Member
    When do I sign up for multiple free 30 day trials of Ascendancy On-Line, so I can instant message my dreg-buddies.
    QuellMinionjuno
  • ShinonomeShinonome Posts: 164Member ✭✭✭
    kxrachhus said:
    When do I sign up for multiple free 30 day trials of Ascendancy On-Line, so I can instant message my dreg-buddies.
    Only if we can weaponize the free disks that come in the mail.
    Solus
  • SqueakumsSqueakums Posts: 161Member ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure scoundrels can figure out how to make IEDs with those! 
    kxrachhus
  • XiruXiru Posts: 456Member ✭✭✭✭
    This and the equivalent of journals. Longform writing is important. 
    The account formerly known as Syaja. Anonymity is overrated.
    NuzirkxrachhusCasimar
  • MatlkaelMatlkael Posts: 116Member ✭✭✭
    Also can we get color text for datashards, like Imperian? :3
    itsa Mereas!
    tysandrSqueakums
  • CasimarCasimar Posts: 7Member
    Xiru said:
    This and the equivalent of journals. Longform writing is important. 
    Longform writing? Don't tell the citizens of Scatterhome that, you'll probably get a knife in the chest or bullet in your temple.