Skip to content

[Mudlet] IRE Mapping Script and Crowdmap for Starmourn

The IRE mapping script now supports a Starmourn crowdmap!

Not using it yet? Give it a go! It features fast speedwalking, robust room and area search (helps you to find your destination easier), API and events for scripting.

You are using it? Update to version 19.1.1 when requested to (by downloading, uninstalling and installing the new mudlet-mapper.xml). Then download the crowdmap by using mconfig crowdmap on

The Crowdmap features:
 - All transports and PTPs in the voidgate network; easily get between different hunting areas
 - Room markings; all you would expect from MAP, plus $ for denizen shops, TT for trade terminals, T for Transports and P for PTPs, making finding a room easier if you can't remember the name
 - Area name cleanup, compared to base; no more "Unnamed areas"

The script and crowdmap are maintained here (https://github.com/IRE-Mudlet-Mapping); if you have any issues feel free to message Casimar in-game, create an issue on github, or join us on Discord (https://discord.gg/7sEfSbr). We welcome contributions too, come join us on Discord!

Upcoming features:
 - Starmourn flying support
 - Utilisation of Lifts
 - GOTO (Junk/Repair) support, to go to your closest!

Big thanks to @keneanung for setting it up and @Casimar for doing all of the map improvements!

Comments

• The crowdmap seems to have the old version of Ixsei desert. I'm not sure if there's any way to clue it in that there's been an update..?
  • The "downloadmudletmapper" command has been updated with the latest version too.
  • Ixsei Desert mapped; ferry room no longer deletes itself (no more getting lost!); and you can now read the changelog!
  • It doesn't seem to want to let me download the crowdmap, even though I've updated to 19.1.1.
  • Why not? What does it say?
  • It just tells me that the Crowdmap is only for Achaea, and gives me information on how to spearhead or help with a Crowdmap for Starmourn.
  • Devina said:
    It just tells me that the Crowdmap is only for Achaea, and gives me information on how to spearhead or help with a Crowdmap for Starmourn.
    I'm getting the same issue, manually uninstalled the mapper package and reinstalled 19.1.2

-- Message #21 from Tecton --
    21000 IEDs? This is my sad lha-ti face. :(.

• Latest crowdmap seems to no longer display symbols on the map (J, R, etc). Anyone else or just me?
  • Are you sure you're on the crowdmap, and not the map from the game? Try re-downloading it with (see link at bottom of rl).
  • (mapper): Re-downloading the latest crowdmap...
    (mapper): The crowdmap map was updated (see full changelog). Latest improvement is: Features now 
    supported: try GOTO FEATURE JUNK! Partial map of Wundishu Biotech added.
    (mapper): Downloading the latest crowdmap...
    (mapper): Map downloaded, loading it in...
    [  OK  ]  - Map loaded successfully (0s).
    (mapper): Map loaded fine - enjoy!
    (mapper): Marks from the old map migrated successfully.

Tried it a few times beforehand as well, same result. No symbols on the map.  :(
  • Check the map zoom? I only see symbols if I zoom in too far for the map to be useful. Someday I'll look into replacing symbols with colours.
  • AyaAya
    edited February 2019
    No go. Curious, because I'm fairly sure my symbols vanished at the same time as when first auto updating to this latest map.

Edit: there are symbols at Fontain Station, but none anywhere else, such as Omni and what not.
  • Aya said:
    No go. Curious, because I'm fairly sure my symbols vanished at the same time as when first auto updating to this latest map.

Edit: there are symbols at Fontain Station, but none anywhere else, such as Omni and what not.
    I think this is because I done goofed. Will be replacing all the symbols in the next update! Sorry!