Skip to content

Scoundrel - Skill Feedback

1235»

Comments

• Secos said:
    I don't know where you get this from.  It takes me 8 bullets to kill with almost maxed aim. 
    I'm not sure what you mean. Are you questioning the honesty of my statements, or are you just not sure how to achieve those numbers yourself?
  • Eject if you have more than three bullets in the clip before starting the fight.
  • Some thoughts on the class and specific skills beyond just bashing timing numbers (as fun as those were to compile):

I don't like how with all the cool subsystems in place, bashing has devolved from being an interactive experience where different abilities had their purpose to just 'dor crackshot'. This could be a symptom of how mobs are designed, and not a scoundrel issue. For example, if different mobs had different wetwiring priorities, I imagine we might see more varied and interesting bashing.

A lot of the Guile punchy abilities are still kind of worthless.

Haymaker dealing muscular damage could in theory combo with Kneecap, but you'd realistically never get to that point without wasting Eject cooldown because Kneecap is a reload move. Where does the muscular damage come into play? Team synergy? You could get a lot higher DPS just shooting someone in the face. An idea I had was why not just get rid of the muscular damage and replace it with an affliction. Maybe something like DAZED? I feel it would be good not allow Scoundrels access to easy muscular damage (a class doesn't need to be able to do everything), and instead, double down on what they're good at, internal, mind and sensory.

On the topic of the dazed affliction, Infusing ammo inexplicably gives it instead of dizzy. Someone coded it wrong. Sensory is a weaker route for Scoundrels in general, so giving them dazed (say, from Haymaker) and dizzy would be alright, I think.

If we just wipe out muscular from the Scoundrel kit, then Kneecap should also lose that little aspect of its damage formula. Again with the doubling down aspect of things, it could give the Weakened Knees affliction instead, which would also retain its team synergy usage (since Scoundrels can't attack limbs as far as I know).

Suckerpunch shouldn't even be a reload ability. As a subsystem damage tool, it sucks. The damage sucks. The extra effect sucks. Anything it can do, fling can do better, and there's already a glut of reload abilities in the Scoundrel kit anyways. Why not just make it the Guile version of ambush (a suckerpunch is a 'surprise' hit), or some other stand alone ability that plays into that 'surprise' aspect. Maybe you can only do it if concealed, or it does more damage if you are, or if the target is blind or dazed or whatever, or maybe it scales to sensory subsystem damage, etc.

That's all I can think about right now, but overall, I just want to have a richer toolkit to use, especially in bashing. It's like the only thing there is to do right now besides flying a spaceship around, and it's terribly dull when everything boils down to one move.