Skip to content

Scoundrel Add Shrapnel Script

I'm having trouble getting this to add shrapnel to all my IEDs. It's triggered off me dropping a specific item, and relies on another reflex to let it know when to change types. Could anyone please point out where I'm going wrong?

display_notice("Starting","red","black"); //here for testing
set_variable('flavor',0)// simple script variable to track which type of IED is being modified
for (to_number(get_variable('flavor'))<=8){
    display_notice(get_variable('flavor'),"red","black");
        switch(to_number(get_variable('flavor'))){  // switch case to set the bomb simple variable to the each ied type
                case 0:
                set_variable('bomb',"handful");
                break;
                case 1:
                set_variable('bomb',"cylinder");
                break;
                case 2:
                set_variable('bomb',"sphere");
                break;
                case 3:
                set_variable('bomb',"grenade");
                break;
                case 4:
                set_variable('bomb',"box");
                break;
                case 5:
                set_variable('bomb',"apparatus");
                break;
                case 6:
                set_variable('bomb',"rod");
                break;
                case 7:
                set_variable('bomb',"canister");
                break;
                case 8:
                set_variable('bomb',"launcher");
                break;
        }

send_command("add shrapnel to " + get_variable('bomb')); //add shrapnel to current ied type

setTimeout(send_command("put " + get_variable('bomb') + " in " + get_variable('bombcase')), 4500);//wait for balance, then put bomb in a case to let the next one get mod'd

if (get_variable('iedflag') == 1){ //iedflag is set to 1 by a reflex proc'ing off of 'You don't have an explosive of that type', letting it cycle to the next ied flavor
        inc_variable('flavor', 1); //next flavor
        set_variable('iedflag',0); //reset the flag
    }
                       }

Comments

• It might be that the break statement is exiting the entire script/for loop? Perhaps if (flavor == x) {bomb = "type"} elseif ... might be preferable;
    I'd suggest avoiding using get_ and set_ for local variables: Is flavor local to the for loop? if yes, have for (flavor =0; flavor <8; flavor++) as your opening statement for the for loop

What messages do you get displayed? maybe adding additional for debugging, especially your increment off iedflag, would be useful