Skip to content

Sneak Preview: Ship Refits!

2»

Comments

• In the captainscabin and similar rooms, will there be bed props? And if so, will you be able to sleep in them and gain health, like, would there be any advantage to sleeping in a bed if its possible, as opposed to sleeping on the floor like in achaea?
  • Doors won't help if your ship gets blown to smithereens :D
  • Kuraksvi said:
    In the captainscabin and similar rooms, will there be bed props? And if so, will you be able to sleep in them and gain health, like, would there be any advantage to sleeping in a bed if its possible, as opposed to sleeping on the floor like in achaea?
    There are bed props that can be generated in the room prop system. They don't offer any mechanical advantages though, no.
  • We won't be able to manually select our furniture, then?
  • Oryx said:
    Malash said:
    We won't be able to manually select our furniture, then?
    Well, you can, in the sense that you could keep blowing up the stuff you don't like until you get stuff you do like...

Furniture for purchase is on the to-do list but not for launch.
    Is there an addendum on the list of things to do for furniture making? :D
    As T'rath has pierced the veil, so will I, and so will my life become complete in a good death.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    GrootToday at 2:16 PM
      if there's no kittens in space
      I'm going on a rampage
    TectonToday at 2:17 PM
      They're called w'hoorn, Groot
      sets out a saucer of milk
  • Malash said:
    Is explosive decompression a potential risk? Should we install as many doors as possible to seal off compartments?
    You must have played your share of space station 13.
    The hype

🍆💦💦💦💦

• Qitorien said:
    Is there an addendum on the list of things to do for furniture making? :D
    I don't have a definitive answer for that... I guess it's one of those "never say never" things because we don't like to completely rule things out. But there's a whole lot of other stuff, including other tradeskills, that would come before it.
  • As a Nusriza I look forward to making a room of the ship dedicated exclusively to raising delicious insects which may or may not also be full of honey/nectar/drugs for on-the-go meals. And offering some to anybody who I have even the barest inkling might be even slightly famished.

"Oh, here, I brought snacks!" He reaches into a securely closed packet on his belt and takes out a handful of grubs and a large beetle in each hand "Honey-wrigglers or crunch-beetles? Don't worry, their organic. Probably. Okay, the beetle might be a little hormoned up but it's worth it I swear!" He would all but sing with glee, his beak lightly clicking and his fingers barely restraining their desire to twitch and emote as he offered the delicious bugs. Such a kind, giving soul was he.
  • Find some Krona investors, and you might make a business out of it.
  • I love how customisable all of this is! Aghhhhh I'm so excited now!

"They are elect to whom beautiful things mean only Beauty."
    — Oscar Wilde

"I'll take care of it, Luke said. And because he said it instead of her, I knew he meant kill. That is what you have to do before you kill, I thought. You have to create an it, where none was before."
    — Margaret Atwood

• Malash said:
    Is explosive decompression a potential risk? Should we install as many doors as possible to seal off compartments?
  • I'm loving the sound of all this! It's really going to be a unique experience. So many possibilities...can't wait!!!
  • edited November 2018
    Here's a question: assuming we're still using n/s/e/w onboard ships, does anyone have a preference which way is fore/aft/port/starboard? Are we going to go with some standard correlation there, or just have everyone build their ships in different directions, as with Lusternia's aetherships? Do the NPC ships we can go aboard all face the same way?

...that wasn't actually "a question", yes, I know.