Skip to content

Can't wait!

13»

Comments

• edited August 2017
    Aurelius said:
    Archer said:
    Can you speak to the combat? I've only ever played Achaea for muds.  
    Will it have the same style... like momentum and prep?

Yeah, same style, though different details. Almost no manual curing, for instance.
    Manually putting in curing commands is an important combat tactic in the other IRE games (making people to waste their curing balances by forcing them to touch tree for example is a vital part of some kill methods) and it's also how people build client-side systems (through sending the manual commands via code functions). Is Starmourn doing away with this kind of stuff entirely?
  • Sci-fi isn't usually my thing (but neither was fantasy when I started on Achaea) and yet I've been excited for this game since it was announced. I think the fact that it's IRE, and specifically @Aurelius and @Tecton building it that drew me in, and then with every bit of information released that excitement has only grown. 

I'm kinda glad retirement credits won't be a thing to start, but I hope that there's some sort of Iron Elite like the other games have. I'm also excited to see people come in from outside the IRE universe because this is an entirely different genre. 
    Vote for Starmourn! Don't hurt Poffy.
  • Syaja said:
    Sci-fi isn't usually my thing (but neither was fantasy when I started on Achaea) and yet I've been excited for this game since it was announced. I think the fact that it's IRE, and specifically @Aurelius and @Tecton building it that drew me in, and then with every bit of information released that excitement has only grown. 

I'm kinda glad retirement credits won't be a thing to start, but I hope that there's some sort of Iron Elite like the other games have. I'm also excited to see people come in from outside the IRE universe because this is an entirely different genre. 
    Agree.  Agreed.  Agreeable. 
    Ataniiq
  • Sagex said:
    as long as it's not like midkemia and exist in beta for 3+ years i'm ok with

I actually really liked that part of Midkemia (though I think it was something like 10 years, I would still consider it to be in beta by the time it shut down as there was so much more planned for it), it made everything so much more responsive and fluid than the other IREs, and you could see the world improving around you, and give feedback on it. I would be quite happy if Starmourn was in a constant state of rapid improvement and expansion for the next decade, myself.
  • Sagex said:
    as long as it's not like midkemia and exist in beta for 3+ years i'm ok with

Yeah....that beta label was kind of nonsense. I was getting pretty annoyed with it continuing to be there. 
  • Frankly, the beta tag is kinda irrelevant now, in my opinion. If the game is open, and the systems that are in the game are working, you're released... and any changes you make from there are just changes to the game, which every game should have to keep it fresh and interesting. (Looks at upcoming Starcraft 2 balance patch as example)
  • Is it the end of 2017 yet?
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall set me free.

----
    Almost dead yesterday, maybe dead tomorrow, but alive, gloriously alive, today.
    ----
    I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

• lol we're all excited. ire makes great muds and to be part of a sci one is really good 
  • Dodger said:
    Aurelius said:
    Archer said:
    Can you speak to the combat? I've only ever played Achaea for muds.  
    Will it have the same style... like momentum and prep?

Yeah, same style, though different details. Almost no manual curing, for instance.
    Manually putting in curing commands is an important combat tactic in the other IRE games (making people to waste their curing balances by forcing them to touch tree for example is a vital part of some kill methods) and it's also how people build client-side systems (through sending the manual commands via code functions). Is Starmourn doing away with this kind of stuff entirely?
    Can someone elaborate or direct me to an answer? I've played nearly all the IRE games and while the combat/curing is intensive I never found it to be my hook for the games. The RP aspect of farming in some games (lusternian planes and monoliths) truly held a powerful sway.

So the question is how is the combat going to change or not change?
  • There will be almost no manual curing in Starmourn. 
  • Intrigued I am
  • New here, but I used to play Imperian years ago...  I'm looking forward to Starmourn.  The setting is quite intriguing so far and I'm leaning towards playing a human scoundrel.

• Any word on when beta will be out? <3 pls pls pls so impatient!
  • Traveler said:
    Any word on when beta will be out? <3 pls pls pls so impatient!

Soon™
    Vote for Starmourn! Don't hurt Poffy.