From: Ilyos, the Arbiter
Subject: July is Exploration and Xenozoology.
Ahem...so this month's theme is, obviously, exploration! With Planetary Exploration looming on the horizon, we thought we'd team up with our friends at RoamTek and bring you a month full of adventuring wonder. This is going to be a long one, so let's get at it.
First up, what is our monthly promotion? Well, we have these lovely chests full of awesome goodie---oh, I hear someone is saying we just had chests a couple of months ago. Alright, well these work a bit differently, as in they have some extra shiny added to them:
- All chests generate faction credits equal to the amount of chests bought (this is about double value than what buying credits would generate for your faction)
- Every 25 chests that are open in-game, a daily xenozoology bounty will trigger for everyone! Fulfill the bounty and you will be rewarded with an explorer-themed piece of loot. The bounty can only be claimed once per day, but if, say, 50 chests are open in a day, then the following day will also have a bounty and so on and so forth. But what is this XENOZOOLOGY you speak of? We'll get to that later!
As you might know, each chest gives three rewards, a BIG one, a Medium one and a small one.
Big rewards include:
- a rugged RoamTek rover
- a four-wheeled ATV
- an earth-hued OutVentures rover
- a pale-sided Safari Elite rover
- Personal Hacking Proxy
- Equipment Augmentation Kit
- Bioscanner Stabilizer - This makes your XENOZOOLOGY SCAN action uninterruptible (Again with the xenozoology and no explanations?!)
- a RoamTek Trophymaker - turn this on via XENOZOOLOGY TROPHY and the next creature you slay will automatically be preserved into a life-like trophy (1 hr cooldown)
- a RoamTek warpbag - the safest in travel gear, you can attune this bag to a room on your ship and any item you put in your warpbag will automatically be transported to that room.
- personal augmentation casket - we've kept the Bushraki customizations a while longer by popular request
- 20-50 credit prizes
- 350 lessons
Medium rewards include:
- a mildly interesting thing - This is something you found on your travels...probably...allows you to CUSTOMIZE REQUEST NEW JUNK and send in your very own junk item that we'll add to our permanent junk list
- a bubbling fish tank
- a thorny hinka vine
- lots of fish for your fish tank!
- loot drops
Moving along now to FISH! Yes, we've had those lovely bubbling fish tanks for a while now and yet, we had no fish. Fear not, each of the major capital cities now has fish for sale that you can put in your fish tanks. You might find fish for sale in other curious locations as well as drops in our promo chests. Just remember to feed your wish with the feed from the shops! There's over two dozen types of fish currently available.
And now let's talk about XENOZOOLOGY. This is a new mechanic that everyone can enjoy and it will allow you to learn more about the rich, vibrant world of Starmourn. Everyone can go around the world and XENOZOOLOGY SCAN . Successfully scanning the creature will create an entry about it in your XENOZOOLOGY DATABANK, which you can consult at any time. The more distinct people scan the same creature, the more data is revealed about that particular creature. So bring your friends and get to scanning! Oh, you will probably need friends anyway to scan some of the more dangerous creatures since they don't really appreciate it.
We have almost one hundred creatures in the world of Starmourn at this moment, so let's see who amongst you is the best at cataloguing the sector!
And before I forget, certain shops in each of the major capitals now sell cans of paint remover. They're one time use and may be used to SCRUB to eliminate troubling messages.
There's a few more things in the works, but we'll talk about those in the following days!