Skip to content

Random Questions

Comments

• Sagex said:
    Jericho said:
    Good. I couldn't be a pilot IRL due to events shutting that door for me. So I can only live vicariously through my mind. 
    Can I pilot a ship in Starmourn?

Yes you can, and not just you either, snowflake! Ships are going to be accessible and easily obtainable by players very early on in their characters' lives. from their faq on the starmourn website

Anticipation...rising. 
  • edited August 2017
    I'm going to love having a ship. One of the things I dislike about achaea is that ships are -so- expensive. I know it's for a reason but it's still slightly annoying that a basic ship alone costs 2.5 million gold, let alone equipping it and getting a crew
  • Goat said:
    So, first off, some build up to my question...we've seen 'sides' in every other IRE game. Some have two sides. Some have three. Will we be forced into sides in this game as well? Or, given that its a completely different genre, will I be able to be a neutral person who can form a Mercenary group like I want? I have some ideas for it that I've really been fleshing out the last few months, and I don't want to get my hopes up too much.
    From what we can infer from the tidbits we have about the civilisations, it would seem that the Ascendancy and the Song Dominion are opposing factions, whereas Scatterhome appears to be a neutral third party. I could be incorrect, of course, but that's the gist I get from the lore.
  • Yeah. I haven't read the lore wiki stuff quite yet. That's good to know. I had planned on being a Human anyway, which I believe is part of Scatterhome anywho. I just think neutral parties are perfect for a scifi game.
  • Villanox said:
    I'm going to love having a ship. One of the things I dislike about achaea is that ships are -so- expensive. I know it's for a reason but it's still slightly annoying that a basic ship alone costs 2.5 million gold, let alone equipping it and getting a crew
    In this case the ships will be more like basic travel so they won't be a rarity 

• Goat said:
    Yeah. I haven't read the lore wiki stuff quite yet. That's good to know. I had planned on being a Human anyway, which I believe is part of Scatterhome anywho. I just think neutral parties are perfect for a scifi game.
    Scatterhome is the human flagship homeplace, yep! It's been confirmed that you can play any race in any civilisation, though, so you aren't locked into one just because the race you pick is more populous in one or the other.
  • I wonder how pronounced the faction enmity is. I don't even know the org culture yet and I'm already plotting traitor RP, lol
  • uuuummm

The Decheerans are mentioned as not having a sex, does this mean they will have neutral pronouns? And if so, will this flexibility be open to all races?

Might have been asked earlier but...
    Would ships be built similar to lusternia? Where you buy rooms/modules, describe it however you like.
    Or more of a template/design sketch system, where you have your lightning bug class ship that has a certain layout and fit-out fresh from the ship forge, but which you can mod to a certain degree.(Sacrifice fire power for speed/fuel efficiency for example)
    With the potential for the different organisations to develop their own ship classes.

• Sairys said:
    uuuummm

The Decheerans are mentioned as not having a sex, does this mean they will have neutral pronouns? And if so, will this flexibility be open to all races?

Would ships be built similar to lusternia? Where you buy rooms/modules, describe it however you like.
    Or more of a template/design sketch system, where you have your lightning bug class ship that has a certain layout and fit-out fresh from the ship forge, but which you can mod to a certain degree.(Sacrifice fire power for speed/fuel efficiency for example)
    With the potential for the different organisations to develop their own ship classes.

The ship description would be cool if you could do that for larger vessels. 
  • If they're templates, could just have the ability to pay for a remodeling maybe? Similar to how the Chancellors in Lusternia can re-describe and retitle a shop room.

Of course, being able to be exploded might put a damper on extensive customisations.
  • edited August 2017
    is it possible that planets could get destroyed by players?  will it be possible to play as a kith someday?
    There's too much blood in my caffeine system
  • Destroying planets would be -amazing-
    Also really interested to see if/what the 99/100 reward is
  • edited August 2017
    Destroying planets should probably be an expensive thing to do and not cheap while remaining extremely rare. Maybe something that needs to be done on a Organizational level? There's a difference between a pirate on a ship he's salvaged or stolen and a death star lol XD.

Personally housing seems like a really cool area for this game. You could have like Asteroids or tiny little mini-planets people claim as their own and mould into their own little paradise. For example somewhere in Scatterhome you could have like an asteroid belt that serves as a residential area.

As for my question. How is staff RP interaction going to work in Starmourn? Will they follow the Imperian model or something more traditional for IRE such as Achaea's deity model?
  • Aerry said:
    Destroying planets should probably be an expensive thing to do and not cheap while remaining extremely rare. Maybe something that needs to be done on a Organizational level? There's a difference between a pirate on a ship he's salvaged or stolen and a death star lol XD.

Personally housing seems like a really cool area for this game. You could have like Asteroids or tiny little mini-planets people claim as their own and mould into their own little paradise. For example somewhere in Scatterhome you could have like an asteroid belt that serves as a residential area.

As for my question. How is staff RP interaction going to work in Starmourn? Will they follow the Imperian model or something more traditional for IRE such as Achaea's deity model?
    Scatterhome safehouse anyone?
    Zhill says, "Drats."
    You say to Zhill, "Thanks anyways! I'm gonna go break more things!"
    Zhill tells you, "You show'em!"
    You joyfully tell Zhill, "I sure will!"
    You laughingly tell Zhill, "Or I'll die horribly! Ahahaha!"
  • What is going to be the price for the MUD?
  • Gmyza said:
    What is going to be the price for the MUD?
    Following the Iron Realms model for the rest of their games it's free, and always will be.

What costs money is an in-game currency called 'credits', which can be used to buy perks for your character or sold to other players for other currencies. Credits are not at all required to play the game, though.
  • annys said:
    Gmyza said:
    Following the Iron Realms model for the rest of their games it's free, and always will be.

What costs money is an in-game currency called 'credits', which can be used to buy perks for your character or sold to other players for other currencies. Credits are not at all required to play the game, though.
    This makes me so happy. Thanks for the answer! :)
  • Gmyza said:
    annys said:
    Gmyza said:

This makes me so happy. Thanks for the answer! :)
    to piggy back what annys said  credits is also used as a in game market by the players themselves. You will be able to get them through events, (city or imm run) as well on the market with whatever the in game money. Unless they plan to depart from that 
  • Several years back I heard tell of an official iOS app. I really enjoyed the Android app when I had an Android phone. Has development been halted or should I keep hoping and how soon if it is in development. Mud Rammer is fine, but the IRE app was way better
  • Several years back I heard tell of an official iOS app. I really enjoyed the Android app when I had an Android phone. Has development been halted or should I keep hoping and how soon if it is in development. Mud Rammer is fine, but the IRE app was way better
    We mainly focus on our Nexus client these days, which has a mobile mode!
  • Sairys said:
    uuuummm

Yep, they have different pronouns, nope, won't be possible for any race but them.

Haven't announced anything yet on how ships work but as far as function goes, they are highly mod-able. 
  • I want to know what the "Iron Coin" or "Mayan Crown" equivalent is going to be called. Because, you know, flavor. If I had to guess, something with "Omega" in it. "Omega's Toenail Clippings" or something spiffy. Omega seems like a pretty important dude. Or dudette.
  • Pollivar said:
    1. Will there be any way to develop a last name of your own, under admin approval or something?
    2. Will the admins be taking any IC roles in this game beyond possessing NPCs? Important characters, like Gods in other games? Perhaps you're intending them to be members of Elder Races?
    3. How different will living in Scatterhome be from the other two, more organized and 'opposed' organizations? Will it be feasible to be a 'mercenary' at all?
    I'm sure we'll end up doing #1.

For #2, there's no plan for us to be playing chararacters, nope.

How different Scatterhome is will be depend on the players in Scatterhome mostly. As for a mercenary, sure, if players want to pay you to kill things, you could, but I'm not sure if that's what you mean.

• Goat said:
    So, first off, some build up to my question...we've seen 'sides' in every other IRE game. Some have two sides. Some have three. Will we be forced into sides in this game as well? Or, given that its a completely different genre, will I be able to be a neutral person who can form a Mercenary group like I want? I have some ideas for it that I've really been fleshing out the last few months, and I don't want to get my hopes up too much.
    I don't quite understand the question, since you're not forced to take a side in our other games - there's plenty of rogues without cities.
  • uric17 said:
    is it possible that planets could get destroyed by players?  will it be possible to play as a kith someday?
    Fairly unlikely that players will be destroying planets. If it was possible, it'd purely be throwaway generated planets, which wouldn't really be very satisfying I suspect. I'm not sure what you're asking by a kith. It's a type of energy, not a person. Nanoseers use kith, for instance, as does our 5th (unannounced) class.
  • Demarcus said:
    I want to know what the "Iron Coin" or "Mayan Crown" equivalent is going to be called. Because, you know, flavor. If I had to guess, something with "Omega" in it. "Omega's Toenail Clippings" or something spiffy. Omega seems like a pretty important dude. Or dudette.
    We don't have any!
  • So, can we expect to see some support classes? Something along the lines of a futuristic combat medic with a long-range or short-range offensive weapon of sorts for personal defense, but mostly abilities to heal, buff, and debuff?

Also, on that note, how will combat with guns work? Eager to see what you smart, lovely, beautiful ladies and gents come up with for the pew-pews.
    Zhill says, "Drats."
    You say to Zhill, "Thanks anyways! I'm gonna go break more things!"
    Zhill tells you, "You show'em!"
    You joyfully tell Zhill, "I sure will!"
    You laughingly tell Zhill, "Or I'll die horribly! Ahahaha!"
  • Aurelius said:
    Demarcus said:
    I want to know what the "Iron Coin" or "Mayan Crown" equivalent is going to be called. Because, you know, flavor. If I had to guess, something with "Omega" in it. "Omega's Toenail Clippings" or something spiffy. Omega seems like a pretty important dude. Or dudette.
    We don't have any!
    Wut. I know you have 0 control over the promotions each month, so there will be promotion-less months when we don't get any "Mayan Crown" equivalent!? Awwwww man! (Mostly said tongue in cheek... :-P)

But I am curious about promotions and 1) if there will be any right away and 2) what kinds of zany space things you can come up with. I'm excited to find out, either way!

I know I had also wondered about retirement credits. I understand from a financial perspective to not allow them for the first X months or whatever because you're in the mood to sell credits. Would be a pleasant surprise if I could port them over though and start out as a peasant instead of an urchin!
  • Cookie said:
    So, can we expect to see some support classes? Something along the lines of a futuristic combat medic with a long-range or short-range offensive weapon of sorts for personal defense, but mostly abilities to heal, buff, and debuff?

Also, on that note, how will combat with guns work? Eager to see what you smart, lovely, beautiful ladies and gents come up with for the pew-pews.
    No, we don't really do support classes in our games. All classes have to be able to stand on their own as our game populations are too small to build games that require people operate in groups.

Re: guns, your class determines what weapons you can productively use, so unless you're a class that uses guns, you won't be very useful with guns.
This discussion has been closed.