We've got another batch of ship changes heading your way in the coming days, and I'm giving you guys a bit of a heads-up as to what's changing and what to expect:
- Ship capacitor power is now a passive, always regenerating resource pool. This regen rate is based off the power draw of your capacitor, and any surplus power from your ship's generators.
- Regeneration isn't linear, the more power missing from your capacitor, the slower it regens.
- Ship weapons are now innately linked to the ship's capacitor pool, with each shot drawing a portion of the capacitor's charge to fire.
- Ship weapon firing cooldowns have been reduced.
- There is now more of a damage spread on ship weapons of different sizes. With small weapons generally doing lower damage now.
- Shields will now repop with 25% of their maximum strength.
- Shields can now be "angled", favoring a particular side of the ship. This will remove any chance of shield bypass against this side of the ship. When one side is favored, the others have a higher chance of bypass.
- Shield angling now shows on SHIP SCAN.
* Dev notes: The above changes are to add some depth to ship weapons. You will now want to intelligently manage your capacitor power to take advantage of your foe's shields being down. By monitoring your capacitor pool, you'll make a decision of when to try and conserve/build capacitor charge by slower shots, or to burn through it by firing at maximum speed.
Additional upcoming changes in this batch
- Repair kits are generally a lot more effective per unit.
- All of the Captaincy tricks capacitor power costs have been adjusted for the new system.
- Junk generation and captaincy experience for non-ship NPCs (as shown with a & on the map) has been lowered slightly, while being increased for Ship (* on the space map) NPC enemies.