Skip to content

Lawless Status, good or bad?

I actually just wanted to hear other people's thoughts on this. I would like a little reminder when you log on letting you know that you are lawless and open to PK. I had forgotten, not only that I was lawless, but that it even was a thing. It lead to some embarrassing mistakes on my part. But I am "man" enough or whatever, to say when I goof and I did do what I could to correct it. 

Now onto why I am making this thread. For me, I came from a MUD that was open PK with very few truely safe locations. I was always into PvP in that MUD and I never really cared for a the PvP in IRE games, mainly due to the restrictions put on it. I understood the purpose of them, but it always made me second guess whether or not I should kill someone, even if it was RP done. 

While I did not actually plan on doing a lot of PvP in SM because of these restrictions, I am really happy about the lawless status. I have also enjoyed PvP for the first time in an IRE MUD. I have gone three rounds in the arena and it was a blast. It was so much better then Achaea PvP where I couldn't figure it out to save my life.  Thanks @Tecton and your team for adding this in. I love it.
(Scatterhome): Cal says, "We're called Scatterhome after what everybody does at the end of the night when it's time for someone to pay the bar tab."
(Scatterhome): You say, "Which by my calculations, it's your turn to pay."
(Scatterhome): Brantar says, "That's what my calculations have come to."
(Scatterhome): Paavo says, "My math adds up to that, yeah."
(Scatterhome): Cal says, "Bastards."

Comments

• Lawless is good because it offers an option that doesn't screw with other players' gaming experience. It's not a option I'm going to make much use of, but still an option.
    It's only a problem if folks start believing that you're not a "real" PvPer unless you got lawless on, and lawless off means you're a casual softcore carebear or something. Make sure to stigmatize such opinions and shove them up the collective ass of those who believe them.
  • Hahah. 'Carebear' always brings EVE flashbacks.

But yeah, Lawless is a good option to have. I'll probably try it out at some point, once I can actually passably hold my own. 
  • I think it's very good, and would absolutely love to be able to see a list of other lawless players via a lawlesswho command so that I can find others who are looking for a fight, or even a command to add you to a visable list looking for arena matches for those who don't want to lose xp or marks.
  • Soza said:
    or even a command to add you to a visable list looking for arena matches for those who don't want to lose xp or marks.
    This. We have RPWHO, where's SPARWHO?
  • Possibly even dueling for money, or a queue system where you can just queue up and as you fight more it ranks you and attempts to put you against similar skilled opponents. And ofc the ability to spectate duels.