Skip to content

What does your Spaceship look like?

Hey guys,

I'm curious about character's spaceships and what they look like from the outside.

I'm not completely aware if there is a canonical look for exterior ships. They do have designs and different types like corvette and destroyers but I'm wondering what people are imagining their own ship looks like.

Comments

• https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CshJwboUsAAr1ct.jpg

The cannon is uh, on the underside or something.  ;)
    Feraluna has called for the honoring of Razzy for the following reason: somehow setting Reynolds on fire, killing someone, and then calling for her own besmirching.
  • Mine, well, it looks like a spaceship. I can't really describe it. It's the starter ship at the moment, so it's small and lean looking. Not extremely small, probably as small as the Falcon, but not so bulky looking either. It has a build in the shape of a pencil with some meat on it. A pointed tip near the front and gets bigger at the end. With a single cannon on the front. 
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "We're called Scatterhome after what everybody does at the end of the night when it's time for someone to pay the bar tab."
    (Scatterhome): You say, "Which by my calculations, it's your turn to pay."
    (Scatterhome): Brantar says, "That's what my calculations have come to."
    (Scatterhome): Paavo says, "My math adds up to that, yeah."
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "Bastards."
  • That's kind of how I visualize my starter ship, just without the big side engines. 
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "We're called Scatterhome after what everybody does at the end of the night when it's time for someone to pay the bar tab."
    (Scatterhome): You say, "Which by my calculations, it's your turn to pay."
    (Scatterhome): Brantar says, "That's what my calculations have come to."
    (Scatterhome): Paavo says, "My math adds up to that, yeah."
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "Bastards."
  • If you wanted to, you could probably produce an external view model of your ship on one of your refit rooms, which would be used in-character as a damage-report/map, and describe your ship that way.
  • I keep trying different things but all my ships end up looking roughly the same...

• edited January 2019
    Given that I'm in the middle of watching DS9, I pretty much just picture my interceptor looking like one of their runabout shuttles. Though, being named Trouble, I guess I should describe it as just looking absolutely nothing like Serenity.
    Character: Edon
    Race: Elgan
    Class: Engineer
  • Fyrel said:
    If you wanted to, you could probably produce an external view model of your ship on one of your refit rooms, which would be used in-character as a damage-report/map, and describe your ship that way.
    I like that idea. A kind of ‘outside of your ship’ room, describing the ship.
    It might seem a bit strange if you moved to the room midflight but still a great way to role play your character (and any guests) to stand outside your vessel.

What do you mean by damage-report, though?
  • Jonogan said:
    Fyrel said:
    If you wanted to, you could probably produce an external view model of your ship on one of your refit rooms, which would be used in-character as a damage-report/map, and describe your ship that way.
    I like that idea. A kind of ‘outside of your ship’ room, describing the ship.
    It might seem a bit strange if you moved to the room midflight but still a great way to role play your character (and any guests) to stand outside your vessel.

What do you mean by damage-report, though?
    What I meant by this was to have a hologram podium that shows the outside of your ship in one of the in-the-ship rooms, which would be used to direct people around your ship or produce a map of damaged systems. This was the idea I had to get around the "outside the ship in space" problem.
  • So something like this.

Got my starter interceptor that's supposed to look a bit like a Bajoran assault craft, with forward-swept wings and a swooshy, bird-like shape.

Working on a freighter that's going to be more spear-like, or scepter-like. Big, diamond shaped bit fore, long, narrow storage areas aft.

Come one, come all W'hoorn, to the Cultural Exchange where we can talk about being catbird klingons!
  • @Fyrel okay I like that idea better.
  • still the starter. I'll get creative when I can afford my own.
  • I still just have the starter too. I picture it more or less as the Gallente shuttle from EVE.
    [Cassandra]: Poet will be unsurprised to learn that she has unread news.
  • Once I get my Kurovani Stalker 'vette I imagine it'll look like this:

https://www.edsm.net/img/ships/128049273/viper_corrosive_01.jpg
  • I role-played my starter craft as a gag gift from my character's cousin, who de ided to send off my character's voyages with a ship in the shape of a giant cow... 

• Nykara's personal Corvette, or so. 
  • edited February 2019

On this ship, you are to refer to me as "idiot," not "you captain"!

(Not really, since I'm not even sure what the basic ship models look like or if they even bothered to add that. But that's about how I felt about the interceptor)
  • edited February 2019
    https://goo.gl/images/4M9bmg

my corvette, sorry I suck at images and spelling
  • Flying saucer. I mean, you gotta.
  • edited February 2019
    -@                             
  • Something like this.

Image result for elite dangerous eagle

Always did love the Eagle from Elite Dangerous,
    I forgot I was going to call myself Ike while in chargen, so now I'm Zarrach.