Skip to content

Lore Questions

13»

Comments

• edited January 2019
    Why does HETE replace your items? Are they beamed across the galaxy? Are they somehow inorganically cloned? Does HETE have an army of hyper-efficient secret shoppers? Can this be done with rare/expensive/one-of-a-kind valueable items? What happens to the items once on your corpse? Are there now two versions of that item?

Every time I day, I keep respawning with the same pile of empty shot glasses in my hands. Why, HETE? Tell me your mysteries.

I get that it'd be shoddy from a game design perspective if you dropped literally everything on death, but what's the IC reason for this? @Aurelius @Tecton
  • What if there are invisible HETE scuttlebots everywhere just looting from dead corpses the moment they hit the ground, and this hyperefficiency creates the convenience of a supermassive inventory of dead explorers' items to distribute across the Sector akin to how the old Templar gold banks work and that is how they are profitable.
    vote ∘ Explore Nexus mods for Starmourn & Achaeandb for Nexus

• edited January 2019
    @bairloch It might be that I'm remembering wrong, but I distinctly remember the caption originally saying "a male Ry'nari B.E.A.S.T." months ago when it was first shared. It was memorable to me because it's not what I pictured a B.E.A.S.T. to look like originally. I think it's been changed since. I could just be mistaken though and it's always just said "gun-toting". 
  • Why does HETE replace your items? Are they beamed across the galaxy? Are they somehow inorganically cloned? Does HETE have an army of hyper-efficient secret shoppers? Can this be done with rare/expensive/one-of-a-kind valueable items? What happens to the items once on your corpse? Are there now two versions of that item?

Every time I day, I keep respawning with the same pile of empty shot glasses in my hands. Why, HETE? Tell me your mysteries.

I get that it'd be shoddy from a game design perspective if you dropped literally everything on death, but what's the IC reason for this? @Aurelius @Tecton

Suspension of disbelief.
  • edited January 2019
    Squeakums said:
    @bairloch It might be that I'm remembering wrong, but I distinctly remember the caption originally saying "a male Ry'nari B.E.A.S.T." months ago when it was first shared. It was memorable to me because it's not what I pictured a B.E.A.S.T. to look like originally. I think it's been changed since. I could just be mistaken though and it's always just said "gun-toting". 
    That has definitely never been a B.E.A.S.T.

B.E.A.S.Ts are big and bulky suits of powered armor.
  • Why does HETE replace your items? Are they beamed across the galaxy? Are they somehow inorganically cloned? Does HETE have an army of hyper-efficient secret shoppers? Can this be done with rare/expensive/one-of-a-kind valueable items? What happens to the items once on your corpse? Are there now two versions of that item?

Everything in starmourn is made of nanites. Your body, "unique" items, all that rot? The shape is an illusion. Actually it's all but a pile of nanites.
    When you die, HETE simply drops a pile of nanites on the floor and it reforms into whatever stuff you have registered as your property. Yes, this means theoretically HETE could mass produce the most powerful equipment available for a fraction of cost. They won't do it though, for the same reason they take cash when you die: they love your suffering.
    /edgy meta headcanon