Skip to content

Worldbuilding, Geography and YOU, the Spacer.

I figured this would be a good space to open up and discuss some of those burning Sector/Geographical questions.

I know many of us are developing our Roleplay around different parts of the Starmourn Universe.  Knowledge of landmarks in our immediate space/home planets is likely super important to not only our character development but game development as well.  Whilst we do have some help scrolls, some are more thorough than others and in reading them some details are left out completely.

For example I am designing something regarding Glisal II, the planet which Litharge is located.  In the Glisal HELP file, it lists that there are two moons, and a distinct ring system that may have once been a moon according to researchers/scientists.  The one moon, we can visit, named Ostinato, but there is no reference to the name of the second moon.  I attempted to use IG resources and even asked one of the Redeemer guardians of Litharge, because in my experiences sometimes poking an NPC can elicit a response.  Though I know resources are limited here right now and I did not inherently expect a response.  But worth a shot.

So what is the second moons name?

These and other burning questions might be easier answered in a thread, I am sure I am not the only one who has faced similar queries.

Comments

• Welp....

When there is no canon moon name...you do the proper Celestine thing.

-- The Celestine Ascendancy - #105 --------------------------------------------
    Date: 01/13/2019 at 06:17
    Author: Survivor Kxrachhus
    Subject: Moons over My Faction.

[[The imagery of two rising moons over the rings of Glisal II are evident before the text displays]]

Presented by Coriolis Studios, the Capital City of Litharge, and the Celestine Ascendancy.
    We present to you an opportunity, only restricted to using our lesser moon only in this effort, the magnificent opportunity of naming such against the backdrop of Glisal II, our unnamed moon has stood in the shadow of the glamorous, abundant, and voluptuous, Ostinato.
    This shall cease, this shall be a thing of the past.
    For the rights of the moon are being presented to you, in opportunity, in equality, in Glory!
    - - - - - - - - - -
    What is moon naming?
    In the context of moon naming, it is generally understood that a private person is naming a star. This name can be either an invented name, such as little mouse, or a real name, for example Sarah Johnson. In general, any name is possible. All the moon namings we process are recorded in the sector recognised Moon-naming Registry (patent pending). The naming of a Moon is valid for a lifetime, and there are no additional costs.

What is the Moon-naming Registry
    Each moon naming we process is recorded in the Moon-naming Registry. This is a commercially-managed registry in which celestial namings are recorded, administered and audited. We have maintained strong relations with this registry since it's inception, therefore, obtain a smooth registration for your moon, in just a few hours.

How long is it valid?
    A moon naming is recorded in the registry for an unlimited period. This means that the registration is valid forever and the moon will bear your given name for eternity.

I MEAN WERE ONLY DOING IT ONCE MAKE IT GOOD!
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Submissions will be accepted for the next seven months before the official Moon names will be selected by our Guardianship. Look forward to seeing what you seek to name our greatest moon.
    Here comes _____________.
    -K-X
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Mooney McMoonface.
    Eukelade gives you a peck on the cheek.
  • The Free Fleet Did Nothing Wrong.
  • You could always go out into space and check ;)
  • Avymos said:
    You could always go out into space and check ;)
    No reference or documentation from Space or Beacon checks.

@Bob claims its going to be called Quaff(R).
    Stay tuned and find out.
  • It's pretty fucked up that you guys didn't go with "The Moon Your Moon Could Smell Like"