Datashard Libraries or Space Kindle.

edited January 2019 in The Commsphere
-- MindSim Interface v16.4.29 - Amelia ----------------------------------------
----------------------------< Accessed Datashards >----------------------------
ID Title Expires
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7 Tips and Tricks for Novice Captains Never
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Refer to DATASHARDS HELP for a list of available options.
--------------------------------------------------------------- User: Awruun --

DATASHARDS LIST List accessed datashards.
DATASHARDS READ <#> Read a datashard.
DATASHARDS STAR <#> Star a datashard.
DATASHARDS SHARE <#> WITH <person> [FOR <x> MINS] Share a datashard.
DATASHARDS DISCARD <#>

Would it be possible for us to have DATASHARD WRITE, DATASHARD UPLOAD, DATASHARD LIBRARY <Library> and DATASHARD DOWNLOAD?

Being able to manage libraries as factions, dynasties, clans and individuals would be nice. 

Edit: I've made an idea for this, but want discussion on it.

Comments

• Would much love, though there's something in me that would love to have a physical alternative like those datapads you see some denizens carrying about.
  • Maybe for downloading them, or a terminal? I like the downloading option >.< It's nice.
  • I don't understand what the reason for the data sharing part, what on earth would you want to share if you can't actually write your own? Or are there places to buy books or something?
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "We're called Scatterhome after what everybody does at the end of the night when it's time for someone to pay the bar tab."
    (Scatterhome): You say, "Which by my calculations, it's your turn to pay."
    (Scatterhome): Brantar says, "That's what my calculations have come to."
    (Scatterhome): Paavo says, "My math adds up to that, yeah."
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "Bastards."
  • edited January 2019
    I was just considering how much I wanted that Captain's log someone suggested ages ago. A data log or something. This would also work. I just need the ability for Xiru to record his thoughts because internalizing them helps me develop his character. Currently all of that has been done out of game, in my head. 

Rkansas said:
    I don't understand what the reason for the data sharing part, what on earth would you want to share if you can't actually write your own? Or are there places to buy books or something?
    There's a lot of things I can think of wanting to share. Research, essays, recollections of events, whichever.

Also @Wuff - I particularly like the idea of being able to put a time limit on sharing. Unlike Achaean journals which you risked never getting back unless you'd gotten them marked.
    Vote for Starmourn! Don't hurt Poffy.
  • Yeah... :sweat:

That's one of the things I can't claim credit for, but it comes across as a touch strange...
  • Xiru said:
    There's a lot of things I can think of wanting to share. Research, essays, recollections of events, whichever.
    I mean, If you can't write in your datashard then I don't understand why they even have the ability to use datashard share. I don't even know where you'd go to put stuff on it. I have only had quests put stuff on mine and I don't see any of those being useful to anyone else. Unless I am totally missing something.
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "We're called Scatterhome after what everybody does at the end of the night when it's time for someone to pay the bar tab."
    (Scatterhome): You say, "Which by my calculations, it's your turn to pay."
    (Scatterhome): Brantar says, "That's what my calculations have come to."
    (Scatterhome): Paavo says, "My math adds up to that, yeah."
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "Bastards."
  • Yeah. This is why we turn up to Tecton's home and start a rally.

Or y'know... Just discus ideas and build it up!