News is a mess

bairlochbairloch Posts: 357Member ✭✭✭
I log in and I have to sort through 20 advertisements, 30 useless political/faction posts, and whatever else people though warranted a public post just so I can clear out the queue. We either need more channels so this garbage can be put in appropriate channels I can ignore/turn off, or we need some sort of filtering/spam system. Having the portal working would be great too. Even with the Portal now working, it's still a slog.
MatlkaelUshu

Comments

• MontemMontem Posts: 83Member ✭✭
    Isn't Public news... public?  I'm assuming the political/faction posts are in the faction news?  Are you just after a news ignore section command?
    Download Montem System for Nexus Client - https://pastebin.com/MBEn7S0u
  • JoscelinJoscelin Posts: 26Member
    Is this a Scatterhome issue? I’m seeing maybe four new posts each time I log into Song.
  • saturninesaturnine Posts: 107Member ✭✭✭
    Scatter news has been pretty calm lately and I don't think OP is in Scatterhome (though I could be wrong). I've noticed a general trend of people complaining about pretty much all notifications on Scatter comm though. Some people just really seem to hate news/calls.
    I play Slander.
    Arsentar
  • bairlochbairloch Posts: 357Member ✭✭✭
    Public is for notes of public interest. I don't consider trash talking to be of public interest. I also believe there should be a separate market channel for advertising. If I'm looking for a shop, I'll look there. I don't need to be forced to filter through it to get to the stuff that matters (very little).
    Political/faction posts would be great if they were useful. Right now it's a bunch of stuff that the people involved already know and the rest don't really care. If they did, they'd be involved.
    It's a mess. I'm hoping it smooths out as things get to "normal" operation, but having ways to filter (tags, more channels, etc.) would be helpful. As well as a "mark channel read" or something like that in the Portal. So I quit getting notifications to read stuff I never wanted to read every time I log in. It's hard to know if its a new post or if its just that old crap you already ignored, for a reason.
  • XiruXiru Posts: 456Member ✭✭✭✭
    We just need a catchup feature on news. That's all. I think it's on their list.
    The account formerly known as Syaja. Anonymity is overrated.
    saturninebairloch
  • CrorrCrorr Posts: 46Member ✭✭
    Fwiw: my dumb hours mean that I kinda need the politics news to know what's going on without having to have someone give me a play by play on one of the two nights a week I can play while there are other people to play with.
    Political/faction posts would be great if they were useful. Right now it's a bunch of stuff that the people involved already know and the rest don't really care. If they did, they'd be involved.

Arsentar