Skip to content

How much of the in-house paperpusher fighting in Scatterhome is IC?

I have been wondering about this for awhile.

I feel what makes Scatterhome unique is the constant struggle for government over people who truly don’t want to be governed much.

In one way the infighting and pettiness gets a little irritating but then when reminded of the rich unique IRE worlds of roleplaying I remember that in some ways it creates a great narrative. it also resembles our own IRL governments and politicians which is rather amusing.

So is a lot of this purely RPing for narrative? I’m just curious.

Comments

• Because of how chill everybody's been in discord (who are at each other's throats in comms) I assume it's mostly IC. On occasion, particularly here in the forums, I feel that for some people there is no distinction though. 
  • For me, it's all IC. Does it sometimes annoy me irl, sure it does, but I make sure to be true to my character IG. Which I believe a lot of others do as well. They each of something in mind for their character and then try to make it reality IG and sometimes that means trying to swade the "government" to become what you need it to so you can get where you want your character to be.
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "We're called Scatterhome after what everybody does at the end of the night when it's time for someone to pay the bar tab."
    (Scatterhome): You say, "Which by my calculations, it's your turn to pay."
    (Scatterhome): Brantar says, "That's what my calculations have come to."
    (Scatterhome): Paavo says, "My math adds up to that, yeah."
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "Bastards."
  • @Rkansas totally agree with you here.
    I take it all as IC.
  • Just our good ol' tri-weekly "does anyone else think Scatterhome's RP is bad" thread.
  • @Quell No not really. I’m not judging anybody’s rp. If anything I think it’s pretty good.
  • The one thing I do wish we did was interact more in person. Though, everyone is out bashing and grinding right now. Hopefully, when everyone gets tired of the grind we can see more folks around.
    (Scatterhome): You say, "Do you like things up your ass? Is your record clean? Are you looking for a job in the near future but not right now? Smuggle drugs for Solus and get stuffed across the galaxy."

• I've never seen someone complain that people AREN'T afk in cities before. Weird.
    Eukelade gives you a peck on the cheek.