Skip to content

Aging and Death

Does rejuvenation treatment and werwiring make us effectively immortal (age wise) so long as we can continuously afford the treatments? If so, I'm thrilled, if not the time system of 24:1 in-game: real life ratio seems like a bit much.

Having done the math in my head, I figured most characters will last, based on natural lifespans, around 4 real world years. This, to me, is somewhat alarming, as I tend to play the same character throughout my tenure in a game

I realize to veterans this is probably a silly question but I've not played long enough to know the answer, and this is a new game anyway, so the answer may have changed. Thanks!

Comments

•         
    "You know what the chain of command is? It’s the chain I go get and beat you with ’til you understand who’s in ruttin’ command here."
  •          
    Eukelade gives you a peck on the cheek.
  • I have been wondering about this, though, since I started my char a bit older. It just lists "mature" in the LOOK description for age or whatever, so I imagine it'll just change over time from "mature" to "elderly" to "cryptkeeper" or something.
    "You know what the chain of command is? It’s the chain I go get and beat you with ’til you understand who’s in ruttin’ command here."
  • As amusing as the doctor who and futurama references are, I don't think it's that stupid of a question. I've spent a solid decade on one character before and I very well might do so again if possible.
  • Fyrel said:
    As amusing as the doctor who and futurama references are, I don't think it's that stupid of a question. I've spent a solid decade on one character before and I very well might do so again if possible.
    I'd bet money on aging just being a cosmetic change and nothing more. Other IRE games have several-hundred year old humans running around and have no such death from age concept.
  • I don't think anyone has bothered to actually use it yet, but I would presume you are correct- we are effectively immortal.

[Cassandra]: Poet will be unsurprised to learn that she has unread news.
  • There's a throwaway mention in the story about how cloning and rejuv isn't permanent and people get a little more senile every time, as an explanation for some guy seeking Actual Immortality, but otherwise yeah!
  • You're only able to be around for as long as your clone keeps it up.  Clone degredation is a thing and the more clones you go through the less mentally stable you are
  • Joke's on you, Nanoseers are already insane, ICly and OOCly for sticking with the class.
  • Kax said:
    I have been wondering about this, though, since I started my char a bit older. It just lists "mature" in the LOOK description for age or whatever, so I imagine it'll just change over time from "mature" to "elderly" to "cryptkeeper" or something.
    Correct, yeah, though rejuv treatments can reset your appearance to be younger.