[Mudlet System] Save the Universe
ATTENTION: This system is for system design reference and comes with minimal support! If you are looking for a fully-fledged system, I recommend one of the other choices in the Client Discussion and Coding category.
This is a snapshot of my work-in-progress system, Save the Universe. The purpose of sharing it is for coding reference - I write clean code, often with comments, that I have often been told makes it a useful learning tool. SU's features, in no particular order:
- Windows for chat and map capture (does not currently support the hacking map).
- A "readout" window that displays detailed, organized information about the things in your room.
- A pretty good autobasher if you happen to be a BEAST with a wristblade. Type HUNT to turn it on and off. Type SH to enable auto-targetting.
- An example of a clean and readable prompt.
- Numerous cosmetic display replacements.
- The "pulse" system model I popularized for Aetolia.
- Useful libraries for throttling the rate at which actions are sent, sending commands in a large stack, batched actions, etc.
- Movement hooks to handle regular movement, ship movement, etc.
- Nearly complete GMCP implementation, with a strong example of how to locally store and rearrange GMCP info.
- An emergency key if things are going south: F12 (currently only stops autobashing).
You do not need to ask permission to use, alter, or distribute this system.
You can grab the system here: https://mercymyqueen.com/starmourn/save_the_universe.zipTo get started:
- In General Preferences, set your "icon size toolbars" to 2, "show menu bar" to always, and "show main toolbar" to never. Make sure GMCP is enabled.
- In Input Line Preferences, set the "command separator" to anything you like, so long as it's not a semi-colon (;) or pipe (|). I use a double semi-colon (;;) myself.
- In Main Display, note that "Bottom border height" will always be 22 - this is set in system initialization. I strongly recommend enabling "Echo Lua errors to the main console". Take note of your "Wrap lines at" setting, you will need to modify a script to reflect whatever you have here.
- In Scripts > Save the Universe > Load Tables: scroll to the bottom, where there is a comment header called "-- Low-level variables." Set su.fullname and su.shortname to your mindsim name, or whatever else you like. Set su.wrap_width to the wrap width you set in Preferences.
- Finally, type CONFIG FIX. Notice: doing so will alter your CONFIG options substantially, including almost all of your game colors!
I work a lot. Like, a lot a lot. If you have any questions about this system, you can contact me here, or at Earthcrusher#9999 on Discord. I can't promise I'll be able to get to you immediately, or even on that day.