Skip to content

Starforge and ship preview

Currently the Star Forge makes you actually buy the model of the ship regardless if you cancel out of the forge after confirming it or not. It would be really helpful to be able to ‘preview’ a ship type that you can fly and the mods/components that you want without having to buy the superstructure first. That way it would be a lot easier to get the fit you want and the price range that you would need to aim for. 

Instead of Starforge new short name long name like there is currently, maybe something like starforge preview ship class would work. 

Comments

• I really want to be able to see the refitting capacity without buying the superstructure. As far as I know you can't and that sucks because the main reason I'm working on captaincy and plan on upgrading is to eventually have a ship with 4 or 5 rooms but right now I have no idea what I should be aiming for.
    I'm gone.
  • Starting interceptor is size 7 and can add 1 room. The corvette Kam has is size 21 and can add 4 rooms. So it looks like that 1 room is added per 5 size if that pattern holds. Anyone have a destroyer or freighter than can check and see if that’s the case? 
  • Thank you for that info! I figured corvette would have 2 at most and I'd have to work for freighter or destroyer so that's a huge relief.
    I'm gone.