Skip to content

Expectations

It has become very clear reading these forums that the playerbase has wildly differing expectations. How, exactly, do the devs handle this? Do they just stick to their vision, making minor changes based on player feedback that is constantly contradicting itself? Or do they try to please a fickle and fluctuating "ideal" that exists for fractions of a second?
I'm just glad it isn't my job.

Comments

• Welcome to online game development communities! People are awful and mostly only speak up when they have something to complain about.

I'm sure they have a vision they're working towards, and will periodically enact crisis control to calm down the fury of our entitled forum rants.

And in that vein, pls Tekdek un-ruin bashing pls and ty.

• Tecton said:
    bairloch said:
    It has become very clear reading these forums that the playerbase has wildly differing expectations. How, exactly, do the devs handle this? Do they just stick to their vision, making minor changes based on player feedback that is constantly contradicting itself? Or do they try to please a fickle and fluctuating "ideal" that exists for fractions of a second?
    I'm just glad it isn't my job.
    Lots of booze...
    Stop implementing balance changes while drunk!