Skip to content

xp hunting 60-75

Can we please do something about this? having 7 people in the 60-70 area  that is small and barely finding anything is annoying and i can't even try the other two 65 areas because they are too tough even though i'm level 61

Comments

• The only other area that is decent for the 60's has the worst respawn rate in the game.
  • ekary said:
    The only other area that is decent for the 60's has the worst respawn rate in the game.
    not for low 60's at least for me anyways i tried the northern wilds but got beat up badly by some of the early mobs 
  • Nah, talking about the Quarry. Its great at low sixties, but the respawn rate is ridiculous.
  • Would like to see what was done in some of the 60-70 areas done in the 70+ areas.

Having such a large number of agro mobs in a single room in Jelle is a bit lame, by the time you're able to do it solo, it won't be worth the time, and if you group up with 3-4 people, it's not worth the time for the XP split and the risk (if all 4 mobs hit you, it's > 6k damage).  The other areas that are listed as "65-Any" do not repop quick enough.

Would be nice to see it adjusted a bit.  A room with 2x vines is not possible at level 70+, and the trip to Usum Usutti or the Breeding Colony isn't worth the time just to clear it once when compared to repeatedly bashing the 60+ areas.

-- Message #21 from Tecton --
    21000 IEDs? This is my sad lha-ti face. :(.

• And that just snowballs the problem. Now the 70's are in 60 spots so Thait is filled with 70's and upper 50's and us in the 60's are forced to bash 50's spots just to get SOME XP and so on and so forth all the way down.
  • edited December 2018
    The XP dropoff in higher zones is a bit rough too, I'm 61 and killing a Springer, or Rapasu? Worm on Usum fills my bar just as much as killing Atzaparaki does despite being much tougher fights. Probably part of what contributes to overleveled people bashing on Thait instead of moving on to zones they should be in, and kinda ruins any plans to group up at a higher tier zone if it's riskier and provides less XP than just soloing your own zone.

I get that Arrizuri lists itself as 65 max and Usum is 65 min, so they COULD be the same strength, but they... Aren't? And Atzaparaki are basically the only thing to fight in Arrizuri anyway (the spiders are so weak they don't count). It's weird.
    Feraluna has called for the honoring of Razzy for the following reason: somehow setting Reynolds on fire, killing someone, and then calling for her own besmirching.
  • It would help if they would just lessen the XP you receive if you are lower than the recommended level for an area. 
  • edited December 2018
    ekary said:
    It would help if they would just lessen the XP you receive if you are lower than the recommended level for an area. 
    This won't help the top end of it, though I do not disagree it would help everyone sub-65.

-- Message #21 from Tecton --
    21000 IEDs? This is my sad lha-ti face. :(.

• edited December 2018
    I don't understand why the areas are just so unbalanced we have two level 70's in an area meant for level 60-70, and even 65s will be stuck here because the other areas have impossible enemies and the returns ( a long with a respawn rate)  are  just horrible 
  • ekary said:
    It would help if they would just lessen the XP you receive if you are lower than the recommended level for an area. 
    Please no :( Speaking as a nanoseer, areas on my level range kill me. Lower-range areas are how I level up at all!
    Mereas Eyrlock
    "They're excited, but poor."
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
  • Really?? I'm a Nanoseer and don't think I've died since level 15 (25 now). And I don't hunt below my level.
    I'm gone.
  • edited December 2018
    Matlkael said:
    ekary said:
    Please no :( Speaking as a nanoseer, areas on my level range kill me. Lower-range areas are how I level up at all!
    Nah, he meant lowered XP if your level is below an area's lowest recommended. 
    Not something I agree with, mind, as I'd LOVE to do some group hunting a tier up just to get out of places that are constantly devoid of mobs due to being packed with players. S'just not efficient at the moment.

Also because solo bashing is boooring.
    Feraluna has called for the honoring of Razzy for the following reason: somehow setting Reynolds on fire, killing someone, and then calling for her own besmirching.
  • Matlkael said:
    ekary said:
    I mean like if a level 57 bashes in a level 60-70 area, they get reduced XP.
  • Agree with most of these comments - no one really does Jelle or Deisk because of the multiple aggressive mobs in one room.  

The Heik-Il vine vomit is way too strong and kills me more often than not because it’s 50% of your health as an AoE.

Prugita respawns too slow at this point to even support one player, but often has two or three people there fighting over the small number of mobs.

Usuk Usutti is OK, but the density could be ratcheted up and more non-aggro mobs added similar to southern Usuk Usutti.

it will just get worse as time goes on because people will continue trying to bash 65+ for marks, mods, and gear.
  • Tecton said:
    Agree on most of these points, our for-launch goal was having most of the sub-50 areas polished up, and we we're hoping to get the 50+ ones done as people were levelling up! With the sticking issues though, most of our time for the past 2 weeks has been firefighting and focussing on getting those resolved. One of the goals this week is to do a pass on the 50+ areas and tweak density/reset times/difficulty etc.

Many more areas will come in time, especially in these higher brackets.
    Thanks! kick those level 70's out to their own areas :P