Skip to content

Quick Nanoseer QoL Changes and Suggestions

I've seen a few threads like these that don't address massive overhauls or class balance on a larger scale, but smaller things that make a big difference to player experience.
  1. Increase Void Soothe ticks a bit more.
  2. Tell us when channels like suffocate are interrupted.
  3. Remove Affinity...
  4. Make Speedup/Slowdown one skill.
  5. A Flex ability which allows casting out of the correct channel.
  6. Distribution should either protect Nanoseers or not share the damage to them.
  7. Reduce Cooldowns across the board.
  8. Interdict could afford to lose a minute from the timer, if not more. 
  9. Analyze could afford to have a lower cooldown.
  10. Analyze is not Brit friendly. Please. Make it respond to analyse too.
  11. Make Mindswap not cure an affliction if it swaps to the same one.
  12. Alternatively, make Mindswap not swap to existing afflictions.
  13. Scoundrel can pick some of the best afflictions out of every system and apply them far easier than us, why are Nanoseers, often called an affliction class to excuse our poor damage, subpar at applying afflictions?
  14. Allow us to pick afflictions with Confound or please, please make it smart. Our best killpath relies on us having different afflictions. Mindswap literally cures enemies, confound is unreliable.
  15. Why does distract need 3 afflictions AND cure one? Please change this.
More will be coming. Some to consider for now!

Comments

• I went to fury but those were some of the issues I had saw that and I didn't really see any decent pvp skills in oblivion 
  • 16. Tell us what we afflict with Confound.
    17. Make negation block interrupts.
    18. Extend Mark duration? 
    19. More Mark slots? 
    20. Remove the Mark restrictions that Wormhole doesn’t have.
    21. Expand on the whole Envelop/Relay/Control thing? 
    22. Give Invisibility a silent follow command and block LOOK.
    23. Make nanites charge passively rather than using Charge.
    24. Envelop from a distance somehow? So they don’t obviously see you doing it to them?
    25. Give our affliction granting just a tiny bit of damage to ride with it, to apply some some sort of pressure, nothing major. 
  • Alternative to 24, Envelop while invisible. 
    Expansion on 21, give us the ability to look through our victim.
  • edited December 2018
    I definitely don't think all of these/some of these are more would be nice than needed.
    That said, I do appreciate how many options you've listed.

Will say I think Mark is entirely fine where it is except I don't understand it's placement limitations.
    Why can you wormhole everywhere but I can't mark back to the junk shop on Reynolds so save a few minutes after hunting? 
    But I think the limit to 1 and 2 hours is pretty fine.. although 5 hours I don't think would break anything that 2 hours does but would also cover travel after RP events which would be nice.

I honestly thought negation not blocking channels was a bug. I definitely bugged it.
  • Wuff said:
    17. Make negation block interrupts.

I severely disagree with this, Ill show you what happens if we are able to negate one interrupt attempt in just PVE https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/OQ0EQyeh
    This wasnt done with a block to the interrupt but the creature didnt hit me and only applied system damage by throwing feces. If we allow negation to stop the interrupt from that first hit then they will severely nerf the damage of suffocate as if they didnt wed just apply negation and suffocate each creature doing at my level which is 30 in that log a minimum of 2,055  damage that a mob cant interact with.
  • edited December 2018
    Negation’s importance in blocking interrupts is a bit bigger than just suffocate, sadly. Interdict going on a cooldown of 180 seconds after a 3 second balance ability is really, seriously uncool.
    Mark's duration seems so arbitrary I don't really see it couldn't be higher. 
    I think that if all of these changes came in at once then it might seem like a massive list of random buffs, but over time, they'd even out some of our completely unnecessary flaws, weaknesses and shortcomings in general.