Skip to content

Dual wield testing

edited December 2018 in The Commsphere
As a foreword, I know that you aren't supposed to dual wield weapons. I don't think any class gets any mechanical benefit from dual wielding weapons (but furies probably get cool points for having two swords).

Here's the testing environment:

My class: Engineer
My toolkits:
1. A toolkit with a power of 4397 and a BOT CONSTRICT damage of 131 (henceforth referred to as the 'stronger toolkit')
2. A toolkit with a power of 3575 and a BOT CONSTRICT damage of 107 (henceforth referred to as the 'weaker toolkit')
(note: BOT CONSTRICT always deals a fixed amount of damage, or at least has an extremely low ratio of damage spread that I haven't observed yet)

The results of testing:

Variables: Wielding ONLY the stronger toolkit
Results: BOT CONSTRICT deals 131 damage

Variables: Wielding ONLY the weaker toolkit
Results: BOT CONSTRICT deals 107 damage

Variables: Wielding the stronger toolkit in the RIGHT hand, wielding the weaker toolkit in the LEFT hand

Variables: Wielding the weaker toolkit in the RIGHT hand, wielding the stronger toolkit in the LEFT hand
Results: BOT CONSTRICT deals 131 damage

Variables: Wielding the strong toolkit in the RIGHT hand, wielding the weaker toolkit in the LEFT hand, and then unwielding the stronger toolkit and rewielding it (theory of being based on 'most recently wielded' proposed by Grek)

Conclusion:
In the event of an engineer dual-wielding toolkits, the only toolkit that is taken into consideration is whichever is wielded in the left hand. This might extend to other classes (furies with two kithblades -- Rkansas tells me scoundrels can't dual-wield PIECEs)

wandering star punk

Comments

• -- can scoundrels wield two guns? No, actually we have a toolkit in one hand an a gun in the other. However I guess now that we can't construct IEDs in combat anymore, we don't really need to wield the toolkit all the time. I guess I should test out if it changes from hand to hand. 
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "We're called Scatterhome after what everybody does at the end of the night when it's time for someone to pay the bar tab."
    (Scatterhome): You say, "Which by my calculations, it's your turn to pay."
    (Scatterhome): Brantar says, "That's what my calculations have come to."
    (Scatterhome): Paavo says, "My math adds up to that, yeah."
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "Bastards."
  • I’m sure this is shared code across IRE, which means everything starts on a left>right progression. Knights dsl used to be gauged off what was in your left hand etc
  • What you're saying is that the only reason to dual wield is for the 'cool' factor? (two toolkits looks ridiculous but 2 PIECEs or 2 Kithblades might be a bit neater)
  • Satomi said:
    What you're saying is that the only reason to dual wield is for the 'cool' factor? (two toolkits looks ridiculous but 2 PIECEs or 2 Kithblades might be a bit neater)
    Pretty much. I saw a surprising amount of folks asking on newbie about wielding two kits, and occasionally if two kithblades had an effect, so I wanted to investigate.
    wandering star punk