Skip to content

Had a mod drop!

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/nUVj6xbt

What classes are doing tech damage?
If I put this in a piece and I'm doing impact with it, do I do impact AND tech damage now?

-- Message #21 from Tecton --
21000 IEDs? This is my sad lha-ti face. :(.

Comments

• Nanoseers and Engineers use tech craft to my knowledge. Tech damage as a type isn’t really a thing.
  • 7.11 *** Damage

7.10 < Bashing                                     Arena > 7.12

There are a number of different types of direct damage you may encounter in Starmourn (as opposed to subsystem damage -
    see HELP SUBSYSTEMS for more on this).

- melee:
       - tech:
       - kith:
       - ranged:
       - impact:
       - electromagnetic:
       - thermal:
       - cellular:
       - mental:
       - draining:
       - electric:

All attack abilities, whether from class or general skills, use one of these forms of damage. NPC attacks also utilize
    different kinds of damage.

• Damage is broken up into two components, a damage source and a damage type, damage sources are the first ones on the list, Melee, Tech, Kith, Ranged, then your damage type is impact, thermal etc.

All damage has a source and a type, so a BEASTs backhand is Melee/impact, or a Nanoseer swarm is Tech/Cellular. Weapon mods come in a wide variety of types, but you'll often see ones that boost either a damage source (like @Perfect received), or a damage type. 

We'll work on getting this information into the AB files, since it's kinda of important to know what abilities a mod is going to influence.
  • Do mods only affect damage with that particular weapon or does having a mod equipped affect all your skills?

EG: Can I put ranged damage mods in my knuckledusters and improve my pew pew damage?
  • Arlixa said:
    Do mods only affect damage with that particular weapon or does having a mod equipped affect all your skills?

EG: Can I put ranged damage mods in my knuckledusters and improve my pew pew damage?
    It's odd right, the HELP WEAPONMOD says you can't put a melee one in a ranged weapon, but the mod doesn't say if it's ranged or not.

• I am just hit lvl 17 and I haven't even seen any mod drops. Heck, I haven't even gotten a drop to upgrade my toolkit. I would still have a lvl 1 toolkit if i hadn't went and bought a lvl 10 toolkit. But heh, I gain like a lvl or two a day right now (if I wanted too) so I guess it's not all bad.
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "We're called Scatterhome after what everybody does at the end of the night when it's time for someone to pay the bar tab."
    (Scatterhome): You say, "Which by my calculations, it's your turn to pay."
    (Scatterhome): Brantar says, "That's what my calculations have come to."
    (Scatterhome): Paavo says, "My math adds up to that, yeah."
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "Bastards."
  • Arlixa said:
    Do mods only affect damage with that particular weapon or does having a mod equipped affect all your skills?

Just the weapon that the ability scales on. So putting a +thermal mod on your knuckledusters would not increase the combusting ammo damage from your piece etc.