Skip to content

Corporations

Hello

Just found about this mud. How is the corporation/guild system going to work? Are players going to be able to create their own corporations/guilds?

Comments

• edited September 2017
    I'm not official, but from what I've read, there are no guilds in the game, player-created clans will exist as much as players wish to create them (Aurelius said somewhere "from day 1"), and there are three cities, each with varying governments.
    edit: oops, it was Tecton: http://forums.starmourn.com/discussion/comment/631#Comment_631

also, great to have you! We're all getting excited about the game! :) 
    As T'rath has pierced the veil, so will I, and so will my life become complete in a good death.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    GrootToday at 2:16 PM
      if there's no kittens in space
      I'm going on a rampage
    TectonToday at 2:17 PM
      They're called w'hoorn, Groot
      sets out a saucer of milk
  • Would be pretty sweet if we could build clans up into corps (at least within the ascendancy though.
  • As Qitorien said above, we'll have player-formed clans at launch, which are generally free-form, and you'll be able to tailor their RP purpose to whatever you please! We won't have an official "corporation" designation for clans (at least at launch), but it might be something we offer down the line! Welcome aboard - glad you're here with us!
  • edited September 2017
    Going to assume OP plays/has played EvE Online.  
    Most muds don't have player created guilds/corps that war with each other.  

It's worth noting though, that the organizations that DO exist (the three cities) will be player run (scatterhome still in limbo as to HOW this will function, though), and will operate functionally the same as a corp/guild.

The clans being referenced are more of a player maintained chat channel, with some minor additional features.
  • Archer said:
    The clans being referenced are more of a player maintained chat channel, with some minor additional features.
    True, but those additional features are really what defines the difference between the various types of guilds and corps.

You can have a bank account and permissions can detect clan membership so if houses use that system you could have a clan headquarters.

There is an issue with ownership as I haven't seen clans being able to own stuff but could be a feature request so the clan itself could own houses and ships.
  • I am Groot
    (Come join my Grand Rallying Overt Operations Team!)
  • edited December 2018
    Just checked all the responses. Thank you for those.
    And yes, I am an EVE Online player. I also recall a discussion on TopMud boards where we were talking about sci-fi muds and how it would be easier to RP. 

Anyway, for Starmourn to allow for players run clans/corporations to wage war, to conquer territory, in a way, similar to what EVE is, I think that would be wonderful and very much an attraction for traditional MMO players. And it would add the extra boost to PVP