Skip to content

Ship max speed?

Sometimes setting a cap on your maximum speed will slow you down, other times it simply won't adjust your cap downward if you're travelling faster than the proposed cap. Am I doing something wrong or is this behaving oddly?

Comments

• The cap is 3k for everything. Your engine output will get you as close to your theoretical max as the % you set - so if your theoretical cap with your halons is 4k speed, you set your max speed to 80% of your speed, you will still be going 3k because that's the practical cap the game put on every ship. You can see how the engine power influences speed in your basic ship by going SHIP THRUST 70 and see how you still fly at 3k speed, then SHIP WEAPON ACTIVATE ALL and suddenly  you're only going 2.8k or so.
  • SHIP THRUST 70 doesn’t change your maximum speed cap, just the engine thrust power. What I’m seeing is that sometimes I’ll be going like 1000 at 50% max speed cap (numbers made up) and drop my cap to 40%, and drop to 800. Other times I’ll be going 1200 at 60% and it simply won’t let me lower my speed cap. This is purely thrusting back and forth next to Danica to test, no other systems.