Skip to content

chromebook

is the nexus client compatable with chromebooks?

Comments

• Yes     
    Eukelade gives you a peck on the cheek.
  • does it run okay? my laptop died... I can't really afford anything right now other then a chromebook :) so close to xmas... but with the holidays I want to play starmourn.
  • I'd say its functional for chatting/light bashing. Dont go anywhere hardcore, do incursions, cosmpiercers, or pvp and you should be fine.
    Eukelade gives you a peck on the cheek.
  • Don't know much about chromebooks, but there's a few of us that have been playing on Nexus in our mobile phones, so I imagine you'd be just fine. I'm just speculating though.
  • Tye is a chromebook really that bad?  It will run that slow?
  • I guess I could try mobile, but isn't it hard to type?
  • I play a decent portion of my time on Chromebook. I end up with a few issues (typically spam issues and keeping windows disabled/where I want them), but for casual play and bashing it's been fine. I don't have the coding know-how to try anything more advanced. 
  • edited December 2018
    I play entirely on my Chromebook. On occasion my input window will be sloooow but 95% of the time it’s fine.

Also I’ve fought on cosmpiercers, completed incursions, done the main quest on the cheap Samsung Chromebook with a ten hour battery life.
    Vote for Starmourn! Don't hurt Poffy.
  • edited December 2018
    momodig said:
    Tye is a chromebook really that bad?  It will run that slow?
    I'm guessing he was talking about nexus, moreso than than the computer. It's historically been not-good for largescale combat.
    Workable, but not great. Not sure if that's the case for Starmourn or not, though. Judging by how many people seem to use Nexus I'm guessing it's not as bad as other games.
  • I play 100% on a Chromebook and have been fine .The only thing I dislike is not having a numpad for direction keybinds
  • I played Achaea well on chrome book for a year,  couldn’t log fights or have a scroll back more 100 for large engagements.  Did get computer to go to mudlet since you can’t on older chrome books.