Skip to content

MUSHClient

Since Mudlet got one, I figured I'd start this for all MUSHClient users.

I'm currently in the process of creating a UI since that seems to be all the rage. After that I hope to create a general system others can use to fill out their gameplay.

If you have any questions that are MUSHClient specific, ask here and I'll try to get back to you!

Comments

• Why MUSHClient over MUDClient?
  • @Draos Mostly for portability. Although, TBH, I vacillate between the two. Mudlet is generally popular and has all the benefits that come with it. On the other hand, there's a lot of bugs I run in to as a power user I just don't get with MUSH. Additionally, MUSH is portable. I don't have to install it, I just extract the installer to a folder location and everything works just fine. 
  • That's how Mudlet works on Linux and macOS for anyone interested (and doesn't need admin privs on Windows)
  • @Dariel Fair enough, I was just curious. I suppose it doesn't matter as long as you're able to achieve your goals.
  • Vadi said:
    That's how Mudlet works on Linux and macOS for anyone interested (and doesn't need admin privs on Windows)
    Which part? Last I recall I couldn't get it to be portable without symlinking and whatnot?
  • Having tried Mudlet several times over the years, with an earnest, open mind...heck it. I'm digging in my heels. Mushclient, ride or die.

(though, confession time, I've been using Nexus to play Starmourn)
  • Dariel said:
    Vadi said:
    That's how Mudlet works on Linux and macOS for anyone interested (and doesn't need admin privs on Windows)
    Which part? Last I recall I couldn't get it to be portable without symlinking and whatnot?
    We've changed installers to be Squirrel on Windows - wizard-free, no dialogs, etc.

On Linux, we've changed over to AppImage which is an entirely self-contained binary

And macOS is a .dmg
  • I'm honestly not a big fan of those steps, but I totally understand why you did. Most people who are using it aren't power users, so it makes it easier for them.

But, if it helps any, I went right back over to mudlet. Mostly because I had working things in there already and I want to play an not just code a framework for people.