Skip to content

Age of Maturity for various races?

Heya I noticed on release that Elgan have an age range between like 15 and 70 or something. I selected 15, because I liked the idea of being an immature teenage punk who did things choatically and without the full rationale of an adult mind. While still being old enough to attempt to speak as an adult. And I think there's one other that has a similar lower than 18 age though that one was like 16 I think so just a touch more acceptable. For the topic I'm about to discuss.

As this is an adult game, that covers adult subject matter, what are the relations between a characters physical age and things like in universe laws regard maturity and various races age, things like ability to drink, have sex, smoke, own a ship, etc? Or are we assuming that anyone in play is of a physical and mental maturity for their race, just younger than the other races?

Specifically I am asking the devs this, for a proper ruling, potentially to be added to the games help, as a users opinion on matters like this, while it can help structure a devs opinion, in my opinion does not equate to a full ruling.
Dyslexic(Symbolic Dyslexia and Subtracting-Substitution Dyslexia according to a doctor I had at one point.) and have lost my glasses and lack the ability to pay for a new set.
Thank you for understanding.

Comments

• I... huh.

I'm kind of curious as to what the response will be, but I also don't think we should go down this slippery slope either. I'm sure some, if not all, of this was considered in the age limits. A quick Google search of age of consent has nearly a 10 year range between various countries and that's just talking about a single race on a planet. 

I don't think it is so black and white is what I'm getting at, especially when we start considering multiple cultures and whatnot. I think it might be easier to go with your assumption of everyone being of mental and physical maturity, but I'm totally curious about what other people think now.
  • Same, it literally came up in my mind after a fellow elgan basically made me go away when they started discussing something naughty. It was like, "Huh, HOW should I react to this ICly."
    Dyslexic(Symbolic Dyslexia and Subtracting-Substitution Dyslexia according to a doctor I had at one point.) and have lost my glasses and lack the ability to pay for a new set.
  • The minimum age you can select is the age at which that race is generally considered to have achieved adulthood. The min ages are all equivalent to being an 18 year old human.
  • Thank you @Aurelius that helps! And educates my RP a bit!