Skip to content

Map / Tabbed Chat

Linky link here: https://pastebin.com/raw/RiMTDWzQ
Right click this link, and then click 'save link as' -- Make sure to add .xml at the end, so it saves as an xml file. Then simply install it as per usual via the package manager. Had to host the file this way because Starmourn has 'suspicious link detection' on google drive files, which then require moderator approval before the thread is opened and apparently that never happens.
No screenshot since I scrapped it when I made my full GUI. It's just a basic tabbed chat/map on the side. Only has 1 trigger which adds the required gmcp module when you login.

Comments

• Thanks for sharing
  • Thank you so much. I have been looking for a chat box, at least one till I can pay someone for their GUI or something like that. I don't have a map, but this will do nicely till I can get a proper GUI. Thanks again.
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "We're called Scatterhome after what everybody does at the end of the night when it's time for someone to pay the bar tab."
    (Scatterhome): You say, "Which by my calculations, it's your turn to pay."
    (Scatterhome): Brantar says, "That's what my calculations have come to."
    (Scatterhome): Paavo says, "My math adds up to that, yeah."
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "Bastards."
  • Thanks for giving this out. A mapper was one of the barriers keeping me away from using Mudlet just yet
    wandering star punk

• How would one go about moving the map and chat boxes? My mudlet always opens as a small box which I then have to resize, but the boxes don't resize with mudlet.
  • Castigo said:
    How would one go about moving the map and chat boxes? My mudlet always opens as a small box which I then have to resize, but the boxes don't resize with mudlet.
    Never used resizing, sorry. Easiest way would be to remove the registerAnonymousEventHandler part of the creation script, and then just put the creation function into an alias instead that you can use to draw the gui.
  • lua stargui.drawn = false<br>lua stargui_outline()
    @Castigo
     copy/paste that to your command line to redraw everything.

@Maruna
    A helpful tip with Geyser, the following is a thing, and reduces a lot of the calculations:
    x = '-400px'
  • Depending on how much his mudlet window gets resized, I wouldn't advise redrawing it, considering it doesn't get rid of previously drawn windows.
  • Works fine. Doesn't create duplicate stuff for me in my test profile. It's not the ideal way to go about this sort of thing, but then this script you shared (thanks for being generous to the community by the way) isn't designed as a gui package that can be dynamically resized, so a 'quick-and-dirty' fix in this case is fine.