Skip to content

Usable junk!

edited December 2018 in The Commsphere
You: Nanotech Swarm -> a glitch-riddled security robot.
Damage Dealt: 181 cellular
A skitter of blue-white electrical energy crawls over a glitch-riddled security robot's broken form before it falls silent.
You have slain a glitch-riddled security robot.
You salvage a screen-printed tank top and an aluminum can filled with carbonated Volt cola from the lifeless remains.

drink can
You take a drink from an aluminum can filled with carbonated Volt cola.
Bubbles tickle your nose and a surge of energy races through your veins as you drink the syrupy, sugary beverage.

I'm suddenly sad that I've sold off countless, unexplored items of junk, such as the 'unused prophylactic'.

Comments

• For a little bit, until I found some clothes I like in a shop, I was wearing junk pants and a junk vest, because who wants to run around in a burnt jumpsuit.
  • Wait, you can see actual damage numbers? Is that a Nexus thing or is there some config sweetness I can do?
    "You know what the chain of command is? It’s the chain I go get and beat you with ’til you understand who’s in ruttin’ command here."
  • Kax said:
    Wait, you can see actual damage numbers? Is that a Nexus thing or is there some config sweetness I can do?
    config showdamage on
  • Aebrua you're my new favorite <3
    "You know what the chain of command is? It’s the chain I go get and beat you with ’til you understand who’s in ruttin’ command here."
  • About to see if I can do anything with the cracked bong I just looted.
    I'm gone.
  • On one of my very first kills in game, I found a cup of instant noodles. They didn't look like they'd taste very good though, so I didn't bother eating them.
  • edited December 2018
    You salvage a cracked silencer and a bag of something green and dry from the lifeless remains.

probe bag
    -- A bag of something green and dry (#43952) ----------------------------------
    Owner:        Unknown                                   Usable life: 3 mo.
    Mass:         Very small                                Resetting:   No
    Description: Made from clear, crankly plastic of the sort used to contain sandwiches, this bag seems to be half-full of some kind of green, dry, leafy stuff. A sweet, pungent smell wafts out of the bag when it is opened, but it is not immediately clear what's in here. It might be an Amaian seaweed salad that has dried up, or it could be drugs. It's probably drugs.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not a member of the 420 tribe, but I find this amusing.
  • I love all the descriptions! I probe everything and read rooms as I bash/explore. The writing is wonderful and often has a great sense of humor tucked in there. Awesome builder work!
  • I found half a joint. I would post a description, but I smoked it to see what it would do.
  • Wait. What. It's functional junk!?!?

....i have a lot of life decisions to revisit. 
  • Dropped clothes can be worn, which I thought was pretty exciting... until I sold my junk and found that my pants disappeared off my body. :/
  • Insusurro said:
    I found half a joint. I would post a description, but I smoked it to see what it would do.
    I got a leesa joint as a quest reward, but I can't figure out how to smoke it. SMOKE JOINT doesn't work.
  • Huh, SMOKE JOINT is what I did.
  • edited December 2018
    I get, "You cannot smoke a rolled joint of leesa skins." It's not the junk that drops from the bots, don't know if  that makes any difference.
  • Traveler said:8
    Insusurro said:
    I found half a joint. I would post a description, but I smoked it to see what it would do.
    I got a leesa joint as a quest reward, but I can't figure out how to smoke it. SMOKE JOINT doesn't work.
    I got an untrapped error when I tried that and now I can't smoke joints. Maybe it's a Song feature. No drugs for the Dominion!
  • @Skara - found your prophylactic:

-- An unused prophylactic (#149816) -------------------------------------------
    Owner:        Unknown                                   Usable life: 3 mo.
    Mass:         Very small                                Resetting:   No

Description: This is a square of foil stamped with the logo of a popular brand of prophylactic, meant to prevent the conception of unwanted children. The contents have been specially engineered with SmartCore technology, and a tiny, flexible touch panel on the outside of the foil can be interacted with to select the appropriate species and gender.
  • edited December 2018
    @Eukelade - Is it cause I said please? ;)

Bug # 2829 Archived[x]
    Reported 2018/12/21 22:10:55 by You
    Log:
    Description:
    You cannot smoke a half-smoked joint of leesa. -- please, though?
    Resolution:
    This should work now!
    Vote for Starmourn! Don't hurt Poffy.