Skip to content

chat window script for mudlet?

I have an old one that works on normal triggers but... I was wondering if anyone had a chat window script that works from gmcp messages instead?

Comments

• I almost do. Rewrote it a few weeks ago.  Works for all IRE muds out of the box with no triggers...

Except starmourn. I quick fixed it with some trigs when I realised the issue involves some mucking about with the gmcp output itself.

Can't be bothered coding when I can be playing instead,  but I'll get to it eventually and share. 

Use YATCO instead for now.
  • Would appreciate that, when you have the time. Until then, have fun!
  • Indi said:
    I almost do. Rewrote it a few weeks ago.  Works for all IRE muds out of the box with no triggers...

Except starmourn. I quick fixed it with some trigs when I realised the issue involves some mucking about with the gmcp output itself.

Can't be bothered coding when I can be playing instead,  but I'll get to it eventually and share. 

Works like a charm actually
  • I posted one. Whenever the discussion gets approved it should appear in the coding section.
  • edited December 2018
    Indi said:
    I almost do. Rewrote it a few weeks ago.  Works for all IRE muds out of the box with no triggers...

Only problem I've had with YATCO is that when you're in a ship the map gets spammed every time someone talks in a channel. My scripting knowledge is too limited to gag these effectively, so I just deal. I suppose this wouldn't be a problem if you made a separate window for the map info using GMCP.
  • Maruna said:
    I posted one. Whenever the discussion gets approved it should appear in the coding section.
    Did this post ever get approved? Still not seeing it around...

• Shinonome said:
    Maruna said:
    I posted one. Whenever the discussion gets approved it should appear in the coding section.
    Did this post ever get approved? Still not seeing it around...
    Nope. I don't think mods seem to be aware of 'needing approval' stuff. I posted one now, hosted it a little differently so that it should be downloadable.
  • Maruna said:
    Okay it's taking forever, dunno where there's an approval requirement for discussions but... (maybe it's because I'm still a new member).
    So far, from what I can tell, it works for all channels. If not, it should be fairly obvious how to add them if you look at the script. After adding them just do 'lua stargui_populateChannels()'
  • Maruna said:
    Okay it's taking forever, dunno where there's an approval requirement for discussions but... (maybe it's because I'm still a new member).
    So far, from what I can tell, it works for all chan