Skip to content

TAB Targeting Nexus Client

Is there a built in function I can call for the Nexus client's TAB targeting?

Example: if I want to move that function to a different key binding or alias?

Comments

• I'd love to be able to turn it off altogether. Also, can we get a command to poke our own target value into the target slot at the bottom of the window?  Wselwulf and I (well Wsel really), hacked one into the MKO window, but it was always kludgy.
    [Cassandra]: Poet will be unsurprised to learn that she has unread news.
  • if you use SETTARGET or ST in-game, it'll populate the target it finds back into Nexus.
  • Tecton said:
    if you use SETTARGET or ST in-game, it'll populate the target it finds back into Nexus.
    That actually works pretty well.  I just moved all my targetting to Javascript so nothing references the in-game alias. That way I don't accidentally hit TAB and whack something I wasn't intending to, but I can use TAB to populate the target window.
    [Cassandra]: Poet will be unsurprised to learn that she has unread news.
  • @Caliah that's clever. I'll try doing the same when I can play again. 
  • Tecton said:
    if you use SETTARGET or ST in-game, it'll populate the target it finds back into Nexus.
    But SETTARGET requires actually designating the target.

I like the Nexus' client built in TAB target function because it cycles through acceptable targets in the room, which (for me) typically requires far less key strokes.

So I am looking for how to access that built in function (if possible) so I can bind it to other keys or aliases like my mouse wheel.