Skip to content

Dominion Challenge

Few questions about this system:

Why can only one challenge be open at a time?

Why can we not see how the votes are going?

Can we have more clarification on exactly how it works, and why some vanish?

What's stopping someone from just spamming challenges for free to undermine someone, causing people to spend influence to block the movement?

Can we only support/oppose once?

Why does supporting/opposing multiple times consume influence?

Does supporting/opposing multiple times increase, or is the influence just nommed?

Comments

• edited December 2018
    Wuff said:
    Few questions about this system:

Why can only one challenge be open at a time?

Why can we not see how the votes are going?

Can we have more clarification on exactly how it works, and why some vanish?

What's stopping someone from just spamming challenges for free to undermine someone, causing people to spend influence to block the movement?

Can we only support/oppose once?

Why does supporting/opposing multiple times consume influence?

Does supporting/opposing multiple times increase, or is the influence just nommed?
    I think the vanishing challenges are bugs, but I'm sure that has since been fixed.

EDIT: Or not.
    (Song) A new challenge (#4) has been issued.

--------------------------------< Challenges >---------------------------------
    #     Issuer               Leader               Voted    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think it's fair to anybody to have ongoing votes be seen. I feel like if people can see how much each contender has, they'll find ways to abuse the transparency and tilt the challenge how they want it to fall. 

You can only support/oppose once, I thought? Would be unfair if you could re-cast your decision after earning more influence, and also means you gotta be sure/careful with the influence you have on hand.

Doesn't it depend on how much influence you choose to support/oppose with? Anyway, supporting/opposing multiple times should rightly consume influence. It forces people who wants to have a say in challenges to do quests or activities that benefit the faction.

#twocents

• It's a pain right now with no leader currently existing. The single challenge at a time might not be so bad once we have an initial one - at least the faction can still operate in the meantime.  I would propose allowing multiple challenges at once or a voting system for this initial leader selection then returning it to normal. 

• The single challenge means that power is just going to circle around and around.