Skip to content

Gas Mining

So, a couple of days ago I eschewed leveling for a bit and decided to level Captaincy because I wanted to do gas mining and make money. The question is this, now that I have it, and I went and gathered some ultarine and after a bit of fiddling I managed to use a refinery to refine it, what at this stage of the game can you actually do with a refined product? Is there any use for refined Ultarine if you don't have 100k marks for an Autofactory? The Cargo Market APPEARS to only accept things that have been converted with Autofactories, from the best of my knowledge. I was just curious about as to if I'm missing something here.

Comments

• edited December 2018
    Goat said:
    So, a couple of days ago I eschewed leveling for a bit and decided to level Captaincy because I wanted to do gas mining and make money. The question is this, now that I have it, and I went and gathered some ultarine and after a bit of fiddling I managed to use a refinery to refine it, what at this stage of the game can you actually do with a refined product? Is there any use for refined Ultarine if you don't have 100k marks for an Autofactory? The Cargo Market APPEARS to only accept things that have been converted with Autofactories, from the best of my knowledge. I was just curious about as to if I'm missing something here.
    That's exactly my experience too. I wish we could sell the refined product somehow, even if it's for less of a payout. I managed to scoop for the first time today. It took a while to find and then gather it and cost me marks to refine it. Anyway doesn't it make sense to be able to do something with it since it's a comm/resource for other products? I haven't tried this since I do not have a shop but perhaps it can be sold via the trade terminal network?
    As T'rath has pierced the veil, so will I, and so will my life become complete in a good death.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    GrootToday at 2:16 PM
      if there's no kittens in space
      I'm going on a rampage
    TectonToday at 2:17 PM
      They're called w'hoorn, Groot
      sets out a saucer of milk
  • Qitorien said:
    Goat said:
    That's exactly my experience too. I wish we could sell the refined product somehow, even if it's for less of a payout. I managed to scoop for the first time today. It took a while to find and then gather it and cost me marks to refine it. Anyway doesn't it make sense to be able to do something with it since it's a comm/resource for other products? I haven't tried this since I do not have a shop but perhaps it can be sold via the trade terminal network?
    You can sell them on the cargo market (MARKET command), just for reference. It is a little bit tough at the moment, as the economy has not reached that critical mass where people have autofactories and will be buying your refined goods for their own purposes. I'll see what we can tweak there to try and kickstart that a little better over the next couple of days
  • edited December 2018
    Tecton said:
    Qitorien said:
    Goat said:
    You can sell them on the cargo market (MARKET command), just for reference. It is a little bit tough at the moment, as the economy has not reached that critical mass where people have autofactories and will be buying your refined goods for their own purposes. I'll see what we can tweak there to try and kickstart that a little better over the next couple of days
    Ah! I didn't look at it thoroughly obviously though, as you say, I'm not sure anyone would care to actually buy it at the moment. Thanks for looking into it!
    As T'rath has pierced the veil, so will I, and so will my life become complete in a good death.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    GrootToday at 2:16 PM
      if there's no kittens in space
      I'm going on a rampage
    TectonToday at 2:17 PM
      They're called w'hoorn, Groot
      sets out a saucer of milk
  • I didn't see any market orders for helium11 which is what I picked up. I imagine this is part of what is being looked into, but there were thousands of single unit market orders for the same 8-10 products