Skip to content

Numbpad Piloting V1.1 Now for Mudlet too!(Nexus/Mudlet)

edited December 2018 in The Commsphere

NEW

A version for Mudlet courtesy of Roninhttps://www.dropbox.com/s/fa28bn633fgqe35/Keypad%20movement%28ground%20and%20space%29.zip?dl=0

You've seen it once, now you'll see it looking less terrible! I present....

Numbpad Piloting V1.1 for Nexus!

https://mega.nz/#!WsUlDaTC!VIvslzNzJ72CvnhOM4CY0g_2uZ0p7Tj48niI0woMQcQ

For all your piloting needs! Working as an extension of the default numbpad movement system, it automatically switches between ground and space movement based on where you are. Please give feedback and I'll fix it the best I can. You might have to dock and re-launch your ship to get it to work properly when running it the first time. Alternatively, you can use END to switch between the two movement controls manually.
MAKE SURE TO DISABLE DEFAULT NUMBPAD MOVEMENT!

Controls:
1-9 for turning.
5 to halt.
* for slow thrust.
- for cruise(half) thrust.
+ for full thrust.
0 to dock with the nearest object.
. to fire ship countermeasures.
/ to view ship vitals.
END to switch between controls manually.

Changelog:
<div class="Spoiler">12DEC18: Added a similar Mudlet script by Ronin to OP and updated title.<br><br>1.1 - Cosmpiercer fixes, . / END keybinds(see controls), spacewalk fixes, and some general tidying up.<br><br>1.0 - Initial Release</div><div><div><div></div></div></div>

Comments

• Which client might this be?
  • Illidaen said:
    Which client might this be?
    Looks like nexus
  • This doesn't work when undocking from a cosmpiercer, as the message is 'cosmpiercer' not 'station'.
  • Thanks, handy!
  • Thanks for the feedback guys. I was kinda in a rush when I made it, so I forgot to mention its a reflex package(aka nexus only). When I get a chance I'll clean it up and make V2.
    Pollivar said:
    This doesn't work when undocking from a cosmpiercer, as the message is 'cosmpiercer' not 'station'.
    I haven't been to a cosmpiercer yet(only level 6), so if you provide me with some text received when docking and launching from one or just wait until I get that far, I'll fix comparability with that. Any additional feedback is encouraged, and thank you again!
  • It also does not disable space movement when your ship gets blown up

• Sephem said:
    It also does not disable space movement when your ship gets blown up

This is the command I used to get it working
    You are now space walking and have a limited amount of life-support power. You can use the SPACEWALK command to see what your options are.
  • If you haven't gotten it yet, the Cosmpiercer departure line is:

The ship's thrusters fire into action and carefully detach from the cosmpiercer's docking bridge.

• Would you mind sharing this on a service that does not ask for an email address? Pastebin would work since the content of the default numpad movement package seems to be plain text.
  • same here I would prefer not to have to provide my email to sites I barly use
  • Alright I hear you guys. The problem with pastebin is that it requires you to make your own file, which could confuse some people. I'm going to try mega, bear with me.
  • Google Drive, Dropbox, onedrive
  • Alright, updated file at MEGA link!
  • Thanks got it
  • Feedback is encouraged my peeps! If there are any features you're looking out for, just leave a comment!
  • This is excellent. Changes the game
  • Requesting move to coding section of forums!
  • edited December 2018
    I did up the same for Mudlet, not sure if you want it here Migi, but here's the link to download, only difference is it toggles between ship and ground movement when you SHIP LAUNCH and SHIP DOCK

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fa28bn633fgqe35/Keypad movement(ground and space).zip?dl=0
  • Ronin said:
    I did up the same for Mudlet, not sure if you want it here Migi, but here's the link to download, only difference is it toggles between ship and ground movement when you SHIP LAUNCH and SHIP DOCK

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fa28bn633fgqe35/Keypad movement(ground and space).zip?dl=0
    Nice work! I'll update the OP and tell everyone
  • Piggybacking a little, here's a set of keybindings to turn ALT+<1-4, 6-9> into CARGO RECOVER <dir>, and ALT+5 into CARGO CONTAINER SHIP

Aaaand another one with bearing commands bound to CTRL+<1-4, 6-9>, Beacon on CTRL+5, some throttle stuff on the /*-+ keys, starchart on CTRL+0, and FIRE CANNON on CTRL+.

These are mostly for people too lazy/tech naive to code in swappers (especially the second one). Both packs must go above the normal movement keys pack so they're checked first.

Come one, come all W'hoorn, to the Cultural Exchange where we can talk about being catbird klingons!
  • Thanks a bunch, I'm sure people will get some use out of those.
  • This is nifty! Thanks Migi!
  • Sorry to be an utter noob, but do I literally just copy/paste the Mudlet code into a trigger?
  • Hey man, absolutely ridiculous issue here... I downloaded the nexus file, but when I install it, it lags out my game and I have to quit and relog in to the client. When I do, the package isn't in my reflex packages page anymore. Any idea what I'm doing wrong here? I have turned off the default numpad package. 
  • Sorry to be an utter noob, but do I literally just copy/paste the Mudlet code into a trigger?
    download, then use the package manager to import the .zip and it should be useable :)
  • edited December 2018
    @Migi Here's an updated link to the numpad stuff for movement. I'll add @Crorr's stuff, but for mudlet as well  before too long.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jpj9zbi57i6spox/AABdkbX0t1LXeZyk129zmk-3a?dl=0

in a folder now so it'll be easier to update later too.

• I changed the END key to INS as it was stopping me from using the END key to go the end of a text input line.
  • edited December 2018
    @Ronin Thanks! For some reason it isn't letting me edit the OP though :/
  • no worries. It's there if peeps see it. The link above won't work now though.
  • edited December 2018
    what is the "package manager". I only see the option to upload files in the nexus settings.