After 18+ hours straight, I've gotta call it quits for the day. I thought I'd put a few notes up on things before I sleep for a few hours.
1) Wow - what a turnout! You guys came out in droves to play, and for that we're eternally grateful! I know things were not as smooth as anyone wanted (especially us), but such is the way with beta launches and almost 500 people on at once. As a MUD game in 2018, that's awesome to see.
2) As I just touched on, there were some definitely rough patches, and we'll continue to improve on those with every waking hour. I do apologise if getting stuck or another bug did leave a sour taste in your mouth. We hope that you'll stick with us in the coming days, months, years as Starmourn evolves and grows!
3) Things that we're prioritizing very highly at the moment:
- Learning - one-at-a-time learning was supposed to only be for players, but somehow it didn't work like that and it's a bit of a bear to fix. Will spend a couple of hours tomorrow getting this fixed up so there's no waiting in line to learn things.
- Quests - A few quests, especially the slave quest on Gallen, just aren't ideal for the volume of people we had on, we'll be fixing these up to be less tedious.
- Intro sticking points - We've nabbed a bunch of these tonight, but I'm sure there's more that you guys will find, we'll be improving these
- Accessibility issues - We'll be adding some new accessibility options for our screenreader users to make things like completely gagging the prompt easier.
Of course, alongside this, all of the regular balancing, bugfixing and general polish, but I wanted to make light of these ones especially, as they've been the glaring issues of evening #1 for Starmourn.
Again, thank you for your patience and understanding as we iron these things out. And I'll see you in-game in a few hours!